- In the movie The A-Team, the A-Team is betrayed again and ambushed by an AC-130. Agent Lynch watches the attack through his laptop, and remarks "Wow. That's awesome. Looks just like Call of Duty, doesn't it?" after using it. The footage on the laptop looks very similar to "Death From Above".
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
- In "Death From Above", there is actually no AC-130. This can be seen using the "noclip" console command on the PC.
- Enemies in "Death from Above" originally were to be marked with blinking corners. This can be enabled through console. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer they were replaced with red boxes.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
- The Call of Duty 4 10th prestige emblem is unlocked by completing the AC-130 prestige challenge (1000 AC-130 kills).
- If the player is able to go to the AC-130 on spectate they can see that the propellers are actually not moving and that when they fire the guns, the ammunition is actually shot from behind the plane rather than the gun..
- The in-game model for the AC-130 is actually very small, about the size of a UAV. This can be observed in Spectator mode or when attempting to destroy it with a Predator missile.
- The "Spectre" challenge is a reference to the AC-130H's nickname "Spectre".
- The "Death From Above" challenge is a reference to the level in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, where the player controls an AC-130.
- The emblem unlocked shows an AC-130 flying away and deploying its flares.
- Completing the "AC-130 Veteran II" Challenge unlocks a title with an AC-130. It says "Angel of Death" on it, referencing the pattern of the AC-130's flares.
- When selecting the reward in multiplayer it is left to right, but the Emblem version of the AC-130 icon goes right to left.
- The AC-130 will also pop flares as it is flying away, even if it isn't being fired at by lock-on missiles.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
- On Campaign, AC-130 Gunner AI will fire 40mm two times faster than player but the Area of Effect damage will be reduced by 50% from player's 40mm Area of Effect damage.