ACR 6.8 (Spec Ops, Survival & Multiplayer)
150-75 (SP), 45-30 (MP)
30 rounds (45 with Extended Mags)
Level 50 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
30+600 (SP), 30+60 (MP)
30+630 (SP), 30+180 (MP)
1.9s loaded, 2.5s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
800 RPM (SP), 705 RPM (MP)
|Recoil center speed||
The ACR 6.8 is an assault rifle in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It was first shown at the end of the Call of Duty: Elite trailer. Later, the ACR 6.8 was also seen with a mounted Holographic Sight held by Sandman, in an Amazon pre-order wallpaper.
The ACR is a rare weapon in the campaign, used by Derek "Frost" Westbrook only in the mission "Scorched Earth" equipped with a Hybrid Sight. Other friendly and enemy NPCs never carry one, and there is no way of receiving extra ammo for the weapon, though it has a high amount of reserve ammunition to compensate for this.
The ACR 6.8 is unlocked at Level 50.
The ACR 6.8 is a relatively high damage per bullet weapon. It will deal a three shot kill out to around 25 meters, and deals a four shot kill at all other ranges. Headshots will reduce the bullets needed to kill by one. While this isn't the greatest damage profile, it's far from bad.
The ACR 6.8 has a mediocre rate of fire, only shooting at 705 RPM. This counterbalances the damage, and gives the ACR 6.8 a somewhat slower time-to-kill compared to other Assault Rifles.
The ACR 6.8 makes up for its mediocre damage profile with extreme accuracy. The weapon has a small upward kick, along with passable iron sights. Optical attachments aren't immediately necessary, and the Kick Proficiency isn't immediately necessary either, due to very low recoil to begin with.
The ACR 6.8 has average handling traits. The hip-fire cone is a moderate size, the aim-down-sights time is 250 milliseconds, and the ACR 6.8 reloads rather quickly, at 1.9 seconds, or 2.5 if the magazine is empty.
The ACR 6.8's biggest advantage is its accuracy. The ACR 6.8 is exceptionally accurate, and is very easy to control, even under fully automatic fire.
The ACR 6.8's weakness is its average time-to-kill. It's not the worst, but an accurate player that sees little need for the ACR 6.8's accuracy bonus is just hampering themselves by using the weapon.
The ACR 6.8 has the usual sort of attachments available for the weapon. The optical attachments aren't overly necessary due to good iron sights, but the long range optical attachments, such as the ACOG Scope and the Thermal Scope are surprisingly useful on the weapon, due to its great accuracy. Using said attachments can bolster the user's performance over longer sightlines.
The Silencer is a good attachment to use, as the ACR 6.8 sees little penalty from using the attachment. With the somewhat long time-to-kill, the Silencer can help the player from being targeted by those reliant on the mini-map.
The underbarrel attachments, the Shotgun and the Grenade Launcher, can prove somewhat useful on the ACR 6.8 due to its versatility, and that the ACR 6.8 isn't very dependent on a certain attachment. Using said attachments can expand one's arsenal on the battlefield.
Extended Mags increases the magazine size to 45 rounds, which allows the user to shoot for more prolonged periods of time, and lessens the need to reload. It's also useful in the fact that it supplies extra ammunition, making less of a need for Scavenger.
Due to the ACR 6.8's versatility, it isn't very dependent on certain perks or attachments to work well. Due to this, most attachments and perk selections work well on the weapon.
In conclusion, the ACR 6.8 is a dependable weapon that won't do much wrong, but doesn't give much reward for its use, due to the slower time-to-kill. Due to the extreme accuracy, the ACR 6.8 can be very deadly on the battlefield, and its popularity is reflected by the community as such. The ACR 6.8 is a solid weapon that many turn towards due to its reliability.
In the Infected mode "Knife vs. Barrett", the first infected player is given an ACR 6.8 with Silencer and Red Dot Sight, in order to help them kill the first enemy. After another player is infected, however, the ACR 6.8 will change to a USP .45 with a Tactical Knife and no ammunition, and the ACR 6.8 can not be used for the remainder of the game.
The ACR 6.8 is available for both Survival and Mission modes.
The ACR 6.8 is a starting weapon in the Mission Mode challenge Stay Sharp and Black Ice. In "Stay Sharp", it is bare, while in "Black Ice", it has a Holographic Sight equipped. If playing on co-op, the gunner will have access to the ACR 6.8 while driving to the base.
The ACR 6.8 is used by commando troops in later waves, which allows the player to scavenge their ammunition after killing them. The ACR 6.8 is a solid overall weapon in Survival because of its low recoil and rather high damage, which makes it effective at all ranges. As with all weapons, it is advised to go for headshots in later waves to speed up killing time and to save ammo.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Grenade Launcher (M320) - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- ACOG Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- Heartbeat Sensor - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 17.
- Shotgun - Unlocked at weapon level 20.
- Hybrid Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 23.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 26.
- Thermal Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 29.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Impact - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 16.
- Breath - Unlocked at weapon level 22.
- Stability - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
- Remington, the weapon's manufacturer, is written on the side of the weapon.
- In the Survival Mode Trailer, it used the same Create-a-Class image from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Weapon camouflage is not applied to the stock, with the exception of Gold Camouflage.
- In the Campaign, when equipped with the Hybrid Sight, the rear sight is missing but when equipped in Multiplayer, the sight is just folded backwards.
- In the Modern Warfare 3 Special Ops survival trailer, it is possible to see that Red Dot Sight model from Modern Warfare 2 is used on the ACR.
- The breaching animation when using the ACR is different to all other weapons, as seen in the spec ops mission "Black Ice". The player will not lower their weapon and instead will keep it raised after placing the Breaching Charge.
- In the Create-a-Class image, the iron sight is folded down.