An Apache in "Team Player".
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
|Found in||S.S.D.D, Team Player, Of Their Own Accord, Whiskey Hotel, Goalpost, Iron Lady, Scorched Earth|
|Used by||US Army Rangers, TF141, SEALs, Delta Force|
|Weapons||1 x 30mm M230 Chain Gun
2 x Hydra 70 Rocket Pods
2 x AGM-114 Hellfire/AIM-9 Sidewinder Missile Racks
|Kills||11 (10 with Hardline)|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Edit
Appearance in CampaignEdit
In Multiplayer Edit
The Apache is one of the 11 kill-streak reward options, as the TF 141 , Rangers or SEALs Chopper Gunner, as opposed to an Mi-28 Havoc for the Militia, OpFor and Spetsnaz. In either case, an AI pilot flies the helicopter and the player controls the 30mm chain-gun through a gray-scale thermal imaging camera, like the one on the AC-130 and the Predator Missile.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edit
The Apache is the main ground support helicopter for United States ground combat forces fighting in Europe. It can be notably seen in "Goalpost". It also provides support in "Iron Lady" and "Scorched Earth". In Multiplayer, the Apaches are the helicopters in the Strafe Run killstreak of every faction, even if the "enemy" factions should be using Mi-28s.
- Helix Eight One
- Helix Eight Two
- The Apache's nose has a shark-mouth decal painted on it.
- The AH-64's 30mm chaingun revolves like a minigun. This is likely because the chaingun uses the same animation as the guns on the Harrier, Pave Low, and other gunships in the game.
- Call of Duty 4 files contains some Apache scripts, indicating a scrapped appearance from the game, including a Woodland/Desert model.
- All announcers have voice-acted lines announcing to the player an Apache is waiting for deployment, even the OpFor, Militia, and Spetsnaz.
- In the mission Goalpost if the player doesn't destroy the two Havocs while on the gunner on the M1 Abrams, two Apaches come along and destroy them using their rockets. Other Apaches are seen shooting down several Russian helicopters throughout the mission.
- Apaches are piloted by two copies of Pelayo from Call of Duty 4, same goes for the Havoc.
- A formation of AH-64s can be seen escorting a Pave Low in S.S.D.D.
- The Apaches used in the Strafe Run killstreak are missing their landing gear.