Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Render of the Modern Warfare 2 model.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Ghosts
|Found in||MW2: "S.S.D.D", "Team Player", "Of Their Own Accord", "Whiskey Hotel"|
MW:Mobilized: "Distant Information"
MW3: "Goalpost", "Iron Lady", "Scorched Earth"
Ghosts: "Severed Ties", "Birds of Prey"
|Used by||U.S. Army Rangers, Task Force 141, U.S. Navy SEALs, Delta Force, Spetsnaz (MP), Inner Circle (MP), Africa Militia (MP), Ghosts|
|Weapons||1 x 30mm M230 Chain Gun
2 x Hydra 70 Rocket Pods
2 x AGM-114 Hellfire/AIM-9 Sidewinder Missile Racks
The AH-64 Apache is an attack helicopter in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, but cut from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
Several scripts and textures can be found in game files.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
The AH-64 Apache appears in the campaign several times but mainly just taking off or flying past, only once firing at the enemy. Apaches are also seen on the ground in "S.S.D.D.".
Appearance in CampaignEdit
- Main article: Attack Helicopter
The Apache is one of the 11 kill-streak reward options, as the Task Force 141, U.S. Army Rangers or U.S. Navy SEALs Chopper Gunner, as opposed to an Mi-28 Havoc for the Militia, OpFor and Spetsnaz. In either case, an AI pilot flies the helicopter and the player controls the 30mm chain-gun through a gray-scale thermal imaging camera, like the one on the AC-130 and the Predator Missile.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: MobilizedEdit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The Apache is the main ground support helicopter for United States ground combat forces fighting in Europe. It can be notably seen in "Goalpost". It also provides support in "Iron Lady" and "Scorched Earth". In Multiplayer, the Apaches are the helicopters in the Strafe Run killstreak of every faction, even if the "enemy" factions should be using Mi-28s.
- Helix Eight One
- Helix Eight Two
Call of Duty: GhostsEdit
An AH-64 Apache is controllable in the mission "Birds of Prey". The player takes the role of Pirate Five-Zero, and must provide support for the Ghosts. After assuming the role of Logan, Pirate Five-Zero will provide support for the player.
- Burn Baby Burn (25 / Bronze Trophy ) - Destroy 80 fuel containers.
- The Apache's nose has a shark-mouth decal painted on it.
- The AH-64's 30mm chaingun revolves like a minigun. This is likely because the chaingun uses the same animation as the guns on the Harrier, Pave Low, and other gunships in the game.
- All announcers have voice-acted lines announcing to the player an Apache is waiting for deployment, even the OpFor, Militia, and Spetsnaz.
- In the mission Goalpost if the player doesn't destroy the two Havocs while on the gunner on the M1 Abrams, two Apaches come along and destroy them using their rockets. Other Apaches are seen shooting down several Russian helicopters throughout the mission.
- Apaches are piloted by two copies of Pelayo's model from Call of Duty 4, same goes for the Havoc.
- A formation of AH-64s can be seen escorting a Pave Low in "S.S.D.D.".
- The Apaches used in the Strafe Run killstreak are missing their landing gear, as do the ones in the icon.
- In Modern Warfare 3, two variants of the Apache exist: The Modern Warfare 2 variant is used in campaign, while the cut Call of Duty 4 variant (evident by its lack of shark teeth, lower quality textured model and a FCR dome over the main rotor) is used as the Strafe Run killstreak.
- The Rocket Pods on the Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 variants (no radar dome/shark teeth) are grossly oversized in comparison to the Call of Duty 4 cut model and actual pictures.
- The Apache's cannon has gone through several changes in how it fires. In Modern Warfare 2, the cannon fires repetitively at a constant rate, but not as fast as a minigun or the Pave Low or the Attack Helicopter. It also fires grenade rounds. In the Strafe Run killstreak in Modern Warfare 3, the cannon fires exactly like a minigun. In Ghosts, the cannon fires a unique type of direct, grenade-like round with a high rate of fire and orange tracers.