|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Strike Package Reward|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
The Advanced UAV is a fixed-wing aircraft that periodically shows the position and direction of enemies on the player's minimap with increased frequency compared to the common UAV. However, unlike the SR-71 Blackbird from Call of Duty: Black Ops, it can be seen and shot down. The Advanced UAV does not give real-time updates of the enemy's movements; instead, it sweeps periodically like the normal UAV. Also, players using the Assassin perk are immune to detection by the Advanced UAV. The Advanced UAV stacks with normal UAVs. Like the UAV, it takes one missile to destroy the Advanced UAV, except for the SMAW.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Edit
The Advanced UAV makes a return in Infinite Warfare as a Scorestreak costing 1200 points. It functions very similar to its Modern Warfare counterpart, revealing the positions of all enemies, with or without the Ghost perk, as sweeping directional arrows on the minimap for the team. In an update, it was given three variants:
1. The Rare variant allows it to stay on the map for longer, but it has less health, making it easier to shoot down.
2. The Legendary variant makes it cloaked while in the air, but it will have a slower movement speed when it orbits the map.
3. The Epic variant will reveal all enemies as real time arrows, but for a shorter period of time.
- Early versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 referred to it as a "Directional UAV".
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, three UAVs active at once will have the same effect as an Advanced UAV.
- ↑ 402 on Twitter: Yes, its very similar, showing more detailed direction and intel, like the Blackbird.
- ↑ YouTube Video (Check the minimap)