|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Engagements||World War III|
- "Butcher them now, show no mercy!"
- — Waraabe at the start of Multiplayer modes.
The Africa Militia are a group of two factions (the PRF and a group of Somali triggermen) in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edit
They appear in the campaign during "Back on the Grid" and "Return to Sender" as well as the Spec Ops missions "Fatal Extraction", "Hit and Run" and "Smack Town". They are also playable in multiplayer always against the PMC. Waraabe is the announcer for the Africa Militia in multiplayer.
Their exact origin is unknown, but they are either from Somalia or Sierra Leone. Judging from their dialogue, the militia has been committing genocide throughout Africa for quite some time; this can be seen in "Back On The Grid", where multiple executions are seen, such as dousing civilians in gasoline and setting them on fire. The militia worked alongside Makarov, helping him move chemical weapons into Europe.
The Africa Militia can be compared to the Brazilian Militia, as seen below.
- Both help Makarov in indirect ways: The Brazilian Militia's leader supplies Makarov with weapons and ammo; Africa's helped to move the chemical weapons to Europe
- Both factions have 2 missions on the campaign: The Brazilian Militia is featured in "Takedown" and "The Hornet's Nest", while the Africans are seen during "Back on the Grid" and "Return to Sender"
- Both leaders can be killed: Waarabe during "Return to Sender"; Rojas at the start of "The Hornet's Nest". However, the player cannot kill Waraabe during the interrogation or the mission fails.
Light Machine GunsEdit
- In multiplayer, they always face the PMC.
- They speak Krio, a language from Sierra Leone, even in the Somali missions.
- In multiplayer, they are the only faction without ghillie suits.
- There was originally going to be a ghillie suit as seen on ELiTE's Say Cheese event.
- Prior to the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the Africa Militia originally used the Spetsnaz logo as a placeholder.
- They are the only multiplayer faction in the Modern Warfare series that doesn't wear gloves in the first person view.
VideosEditCall of Duty Modern Warfare 3 African Militia Spawn Theme(00:21)
517 views Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 African Militia Victory Theme(00:25)
365 views Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 African Militia Defeat Theme(00:17)