Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Anti-aircraft gun is a large gun specifically designed to shoot down aircrafts such as helicopters or airplanes.
AA guns are first seen in Call of Duty where the player is, on numerous occasions, instructed to destroy them. They can also be seen in the backgrounds of many levels, so as to add effect. They can also be used in specific levels to take out enemy planes on the offensive.
AA guns return in Call of Duty 2 fulfilling the same role as they did in the previous game. The player can be instructed to destroy them at times, use them at specific moments, and they add effect to backgrounds.
AAs such as the Flakvierling make an appearance in Call of Duty 2: Big Red One as targets for sniping in earlier levels. They can also be used on the same levels for aerial defense.
Again, the only purpose of anti-air guns in the game is to add a background effect, or to be objectives to be destroyed.
- AA fire can be heard or seen in certain maps, especially "The Bog".
- In "The Bog", one of the final mission objectives is to blow up an enemy ZPU-4.
- If the player glitches out of Bog, the AA fire is just light flying out of the map. This is can be seen very well from the top of the bridge at the Marines spawn point.
- There are several AA guns that the player must take out with the Mk19 on the campaign level, "Shock and Awe".
- A Japanese AA gun is usable in the campaign level "Hard Landing" to destroy a Japanese tank. Its name is the Type 96, also known by the Marines as the Triple 25.
- Anti-aircraft fire is often seen in the background of certain levels or maps (like "Vendetta").
- In the level "Hard Landing" (Single-Player) near the end of the level one of the objectives is to take out the AA guns on the Airfield.
- Also in that level, the AA guns that appear at the end of the level can be used to take out enemies that on the airfield, or other AA gun users. It is very useful for taking out the tanks, too.
- AA guns are seen in the level "Exodus", and it is an objective to destroy them with artillery fire called in by the player.
- A ZPU-4 is found in Suffer With Me, and there is a challenge to destroy it.