Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
Unlocked by default
Arctic Camouflage is a usable weapon camouflage for multiplayer unlocked by default. It can be utilized to much effect on arctic themed maps such as Derail, Sub Base, and Salvage. The Developers at Infinity ward emphasized the care they put into perfecting the appearance of this camouflage, although It is unfortunately often neglected in favor of later unlocked camouflages.
The camo is also used several times by allied factions on their weapons: most commonly on the M14 EBR, but occasionally on the MP5K. Soap uses an M14 EBR with this camo on "Cliffhanger", Roach uses an M14 EBR with Arctic camouflage on "The Gulag", and along with Price on "Contingency". Members of Task Force 141 also wear various arctic themed clothing, though they bear little resemblance to the Arctic Camouflage pattern itself.
- The Arctic camouflage is one of the four weapon camouflages that actually helps the weapon blend in natural environments, with the others being Desert, Woodland, and Digital.
- In multiplayer, the Arctic camouflage is much lighter in terms of color than in campaign and Spec Ops.
- In Museum, there is an M1014 with Arctic Camouflage on the shelves.
- On the missions "The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday" and The Gulag and some Special Ops missions the player can sometimes find or obtain off of enemies SPAS-12's with the camouflage on the pump and grip, These SPAS-12's also have the firing sound of an M1014.
- In the mission "Cliffhanger", a different variant of Arctic Camouflage appears on the player's ACR rifle. Though the attachments (heartbeat sensor and red dot) bear the normal Arctic Camouflage, the weapon itself is covered with an unknown arctic themed camouflage pattern and snow. It also "melts" temporarily when inside some buildings.
- There is a similarly themed camouflage called White Tape Camouflage, which is used in Arctic environments as a makeshift camouflage. This camouflage appears only in Campaign and Spec Ops and only on the FAMAS. It can be found in the museum on the FAMAS on display. In third-person it appears that the weapon has both the standard Arctic Camo finish as well as the white tape, but in first person it appears as though only the white tape is present.
- Achieving level 20 gives the player a title 'Sgt.' with a Arctic Camouflage background.
- In Campaign, an MG4 with Arctic Camouflage has ADS zoom nearly double that of a normal MG4.