|Previous level||Kill Switch|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Team||Delta Force Spec Ops|
|Place||The Russian warship Kuvalda, Siberia|
|Objective||* Disable the Slava|
Arctic Recon is a downloadable Special Ops Mission Mode challenge in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as part of Content Pack 6. It was available for Call of Duty ELITE subscribers on the Xbox 360 on June 19, 2012. ELITE subscribers on the PlayStation 3 received it on July 19, 2012. It was available for PC players via the Steam service on September 13, 2012.
Baseplate gives the orders to plant beacons on a ship, Kuvalda, to guide missiles which will destroy the ship. Players control a Recon Drone that has a mounted MK46 and thermal vision that is used to designate places where beacons must be placed beforehand. After which, they are extracted via helicopter before the missiles blow up the ship.
These weapons can be found on the mat near the spawn point.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found in the level with or without attachments.
Stay Frosty (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete the "Arctic Recon" Special Ops mission on any difficulty
Sub Zero (25 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete the "Arctic Recon" Special Ops mission on Veteran difficulty
Dr0n3d (35 / Silver Trophy ) - Complete the "Arctic Recon" Special Ops mission in under 3:30
- The Recon Drone's crosshairs are that of the RPG-7 instead of its multiplayer standard.
- Baseplate mentions that the Kuvalda is a Slava-class Cruiser, a ship also seen in "Hunter Killer".
- There is a snowman outside the map to the left immediately as you start the mission. It can be viewable with the Barrett .50cal on the ground.
- This is the only time in Modern Warfare 3 where the unscoped M14 EBR can be used (not to be confused with the MK14 assault rifle seen in multiplayer), similarly to the Breach & Clear Special Ops mission from Modern Warfare 2.
- The Recon Drone appears to have an MK46 attached to its undercarriage.
- Despite being unscoped, the M14 EBR in this mission has no aim assist or auto aim.
- This is the fourth Special Ops mission to not be based on a Campaign level, making its place alongside Stay Sharp, Charges Set, and Kill Switch.
- The name 'Kuvalda' is Russian for 'Sledgehammer', likely a reference to Sledgehammer Games.