|Game||Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare|
|Team||U.S. Marines (during funeral) |
Atlas Corporation (after funeral)
|Place||Arlington, Virginia, United States of America (funeral) |
Denver, Colorado, United States of America (Atlas Training Camp)
|Date||July 24, 2054 - 0930 HRS (funeral) |
January 2055 (Atlas Training Camp)
|Objective||Pay your Respects |
Rescue the President (Objective Failed)
Complete the Firing Range
Complete Grenade Training
Rescue the President
|Multiplayer map||Virtual Firing Range|
- "At the funeral of your best friend, you meet Jonathan Irons. He offers you a second chance with the Atlas Corporation."
- — Level Description
"Atlas" is the second mission in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Prior to the mission at hand, Cormack and Mitchell attend Will Irons' funeral where they pay their respects and prepare to leave. Cormack during their walk is interrupted by Will's father, Jonathan Irons, who ask Mitchell to join Atlas. Cormack tries to dissuade Mitchell, but is scorned by Irons who refers to him as "Sergeant" and leaves.
The screen fades for a second, which then shows Mitchell, along with other soldiers, on a mission to rescue POTUS that is being held hostage by KVA in a small lodge.Mitchell and his squad silently takes out several guards outside of the lodge then head to the media room of the building, which then a soldier plants a mute charge. Mitchell then breaches the room and eliminates the guards. The squad, with POTUS in custody, exit the building and eliminate a small group of enemies by the pool, during which Mitchell's prosthetic glitches out, then they head down a small walkway down to the extraction site where they encounter the extraction vehicle. Mitchell attempts to open the door but his hand glitches out and is knocked down by a KVA soldier, who executes POTUS, then is revealed to be Gideon.
After a failed training simulation in which Mitchell is assigned to rescue the president with his squad, he is enthusiastically greeted by Irons, who gives him a tour of the company's facility. During the tour, Irons explains Atlas' place in the world, idealizing it as a "superpower for hire" often more effective than the armies of their clients.
Mitchell is introduced to the Assault and Specialist exoskeleton variants by Gideon before having his prosthetic arm fixed. He then goes through training, overseen by Gideon, and is introduced to the Overdrive ability of his exoskeleton.
First, Mitchell is taken to a firing range much resembling the Virtual Firing Range seen in Create-A-Class. The player is given three waves of targets to shoot, with difficulty increasing each wave. IMRs, Bal-27s, and Atlas 45s can be found in the back of the firing range. The player is given 50 points if a red (enemy) target is shot in the limbs, 75 if shot in the chest, and 100 if shot in the head. The same scoring system is used for detracting points if a player hits a blue target, meant to represent civilians. The maximum score that can be achieved is 3000.
Next, Mitchell is taken to a grenade range, where he is introduced to the Variable Grenade. He then uses a combination of grenades and weapons to eliminate all targets on the range. The maximum score is 2000.
Mitchell is then brought to the simulator again. With the simulation recalibrated into "assault mode", and with Gideon leading, Mitchell successfully completes the simulation again with P.O.T.U.S. secured, and is given the approval of Irons and Gideon.
- Jack Mitchell (playable)
- Jonathan Irons
- Cormack (opening cutscene/funeral only)
- Will Irons (opening cutscene/funeral only)
Exo Type - SpecialistEdit
! style="background: transparent;" | Starting Loadout |- | style="background: transparent; border: 1px solid transparent;" |
! style="background: transparent;" | Found in level |- | style="background: transparent; border: 1px solid transparent;" |
! style="background: transparent;" | Unobtainable |- | style="background: transparent; border: 1px solid transparent;" |
- Main article: Atlas (mission)/Transcript
- Welcome to Atlas (25
/ Bronze Trophy
) - Complete "Atlas."
- Deadeye (10
/ Bronze Trophy
) - Score "excellent" in the shooting range in "Atlas."
- Grenadier (10
/ Bronze Trophy
) - Score "excellent" in the grenade range in "Atlas."
- At the start of the mission, proceed down the hall and breach the room where the POTUS is being held. Once cleared, turn around and return down the hall. It continues left — after completing the breach, a door will open. Proceed through the bedroom and look in the restroom for where the first Intel is located.
- Following the vehicle ride tour with Irons, the player will be be deposited outside a building. Before proceeding inside for repairs, turn right to inspect the closed gate. There’s a security station to the right of the gate with the second Intel inside.
- Finishing the grenade training, the player will then proceed downstairs into a supply room. At the bottom of the stairs, turn right and look on a shelf to the right of the holographic display where two men are working, where the last Intel is located.
- After completing the grenade training, there is a small square building to the player's right as he's following Gideon. If the player enters the building, they'll find a drone training range. The player can do the drone training, and their name will appear on the scoreboard after destroying the eight targets with the Assault Drone.
- In the bathroom next to the room where POTUS is located, a mirror can be seen above the sink (though with no proper reflection) in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, but in the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions there is no mirror.
- While playing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, after the gun salute at the funeral, the screen will turn white for a few seconds. However, on the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions it will immediately turn to the next part.
- When in the weapon armory before going up to the simulation, Gideon picks up an IMR from a rack. However, after reaching the top of the elevator, it changes to his signature HBRa3.
- In the next gen version, Rivers is wearing glasses and a hat similar to Gideon's, but in PS3 and Xbox 360, he wears neither.
- After Irons tells Mitchell about Atlas bases built across the globe, the player will notice two platforms with aircraft on it. In the current-gen version, the first platform holds what seems to be a plane with its wings retracted while the second platform holds a Warbird, but in the last-gen consoles, both platforms are covered by Warbirds.
- All the Bal-27's in this mission have the Atlas logo on them.