Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Edit
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
The Attack Helicopter returns as a 7-killstreak reward or 6 with Hardline, and is identical to its Call of Duty 4 counterpart in appearance. It is generally less effective than its Call of Duty 4 counterpart, mainly because of the Cold Blooded perk.
It appears to fire FMJ rounds, as evidenced by the sound it makes when the bullets impact. The Attack Helicopter's (as well as the Harrier) main weakness is its lack of flares. A single Javelin or Stinger missile will bring it down, as well as a single Predator Missile.
Harriers can be a lot more sensitive to enemies than the Attack Helicopter can, further increasing the Harrier's advantage over this killstreak.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Edit
|Call of Duty: Black Ops|
The Attack Helicopter, or "Cobra" by multiplayer announcers, is a seven killstreak (six with Hardline) that is immediately available to the player at rank 1, along with the Spy Plane and Care Package. When activated, the user designates an area on the map near which the Attack Helicopter hovers for a short period of time.
This marking comes in handy when the player needs to protect a position, such as a bomb site or flag. On the small maps and many of the medium-small maps, placing an Attack Helicopter in the center of the map will allow it to cover nearly the whole playing field. Due to the function of the Ghost perk, and the rarity of players using its pro version, Attack Helicopters are quite deadly if the opposing team or players do not neutralize it in a timely manner.
Destroying the Attack Helicopter can be accomplished with generous amounts of small arms fire or 2 rockets or missiles from a launcher weapon. Identifying friendly or hostile Attack Helicopters is possible by observing the dorsal stripe and camouflage colors, green markings on tan camouflage for friendly, and red markings on gray camouflage for hostile.
It also has the ability to attack enemy dogs. When shot down with a launcher or regular gun, the chopper will appear to spin for a second and then explode in a ball of flame right there without spinning out of the map beforehand.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Strike Package Reward|
The Attack Helicopter is a 7-point (6 with Hardline) Strike Chain reward, which is part of the Assault Strike Chain in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Like with its previous counterparts, the Attack Helicopter will either be an Mi-24 Hind or an AH-1 Cobra, depending on the faction.
It can be shot down by any rocket launcher. Like the previous Modern Warfare Attack Helicopter, it tends to go wherever enemies are located while circling the map. The Attack Helicopter takes 5–10 seconds to arrive, and will last for 60 seconds. The Attack Helicopter now hovers higher above the map and moves faster than in Call of Duty: Black Ops, and tends to be more agressive than the version used in Modern Warfare 2.
- If one were to shoot the helicopter just when it is going to leave, it will not get destroyed even if it were to be hit with a one-hit-kill weapon.
- Having the player's Attack Helicopter kill being featured in the Final Killcam will give the player the award and challenge "Final Nightmare".
Modern Warfare 2Edit
- The Attack Helicopter does have a AA defense against the Harrier Strike. If watched carefully, it will fire missiles, similar to the Harrier, at it. However it is less frequent than the Harrier's but it can kill it if the Harrier is severely damaged.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
- The cockpit is near-fully rendered - it has the control board and the seats, but the detail level is very low. Unlike the Napalm Strike aircraft, however, this helicopter does not have a pilot or a gunner.
- Both a friendly and enemy Attack Helicopter can be in the air at the same time.
- On the Wii version, the Attack Helicopter is much stronger and fires faster than in other consoles/PC. This is likely to balance the lack of some killstreaks.
- The Attack Helicopter tends to shoot at a player who is still locking on to it with a launcher.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
- The Point Streak logo of the helicopter is now an Mi-24 Hind, as opposed to the usual AH-1 logo, but the kill logo is still an AH-1.
- An Attack Helicopter can be rammed and destroyed by a C-130 Hercules as it drops a Juggernaut package. An example of such situation can be seen in this video.