- "What type of creature could thrive in such an enviroment?"
- — Marlton upon seeing it for the first time.
A render of the Avogadro.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Country||United States of America|
The Avogadro spawns when the power is first switched on at the Power Plant. Afterwards, it has the ability to appear at all major locations, except the Tunnel, throughout the map. The Avogadro will appear at any location with a thunderstorm directly overhead, and then spawn the next round. It attacks the player(s) with bolts of electricity, dealing 90 damage. The Avogadro will appear in a large form similar to Ball Lightning , then appear in a humanoid shape, and fire a bolt of electricity toward where the player was standing once he transformed. It is very easy to dodge these attacks. Without Juggernog, one hit from the Avogadro's attack will nearly down the player, stepping in lava causes immediate death. With Juggernog, depending on the Avogadro's attack frequency, the player can be nearly downed with two hits. The Avogadro can also zap the bus and disable the bus driver for around one minute, longer if the Avogadro has not been killed. It can be killed only with melee or one EMP Grenade, and it can only take damage when it is in human form. Using the regular knife kills it in 5 hits, using the Bowie Knife kills it in 4 hits, and using the Galvaknuckles kills it in 2 hits, The Zombie Shield also works on Avogadro although it deals the same damage as a knife. Upon death, the Avogadro will emit an eerie weak sound, spin around in a circular motion and then fly up and disappear back into the clouds. After killing it, it will come back in a few rounds. Its appearance can be prevented by waiting for the thunderstorm to go away before killing the last zombie, though this can be difficult to do in co-op without good player communication and zombie presence awareness.
Tower of Babble (75 / Silver Trophy ) - In TranZit, obey the voices.
- The Avogadro has the same health as a Denizen when latched on, taking 4-5 knife hits, three Bowie Knife hits, and two Galvaknuckle hits.
- In Theater Mode, if the player goes to free-roam and look into the generator room before power is turned on, the Avogadro will be there trying to break out of the tower, but is unable to.
- The Ray Gun and the Ray Gun Mark II are the only guns able to kill the Avogadro. It must otherwise be killed by an EMP Grenade, or by meleeing him.
- If he has recently attacked and a player gets near him he will sometimes groan like other zombies do when attacking.
- It's name is likely a reference to Amedeo Avogadro.
- If you have the Ray Gun or the Ray Gun Mark II and you have the power going on with the Avogadro in the generator, you cannot kill him until he respawns due to the container trapping him. An EMP Grenade will either fall or explode mid-air, doing no impact.