- "What type of creature could thrive in such an enviroment?"
- — Marlton upon seeing it for the first time.
A render of the Avogadro.
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Country||United States of America|
|Level||Green Run (TranZit only)|
The Avogadro spawns when the power is first switched on at the Power Plant. Afterwards, it has the ability to appear at all major locations, except the Tunnel, throughout the map. The Avogadro will appear at any location with a thunderstorm directly overhead, and then spawn the next round. It attacks the player with bolts of electricity, dealing 90 damage. The Avogadro will appear in a large form similar to a big ball of lightning, then appear in a humanoid shape, and fire a bolt of electricity toward where the player was standing once he transformed. It is very easy to dodge these attacks. Without Juggernog, one hit from the Avogadro's attack will nearly down the player, stepping in lava causes immediate death. With Juggernog, depending on the Avogadro's attack frequency, the player can be nearly downed with two hits. The Avogadro can also zap the bus and disable the bus driver for around one minute, longer if the Avogadro has not been killed. It can be killed only with melee or one EMP Grenade, and it can only take damage when it is in human form. Using the regular knife kills it in five hits, using the Bowie Knife kills it in four hits, and using the Galvaknuckles kills it in two hits, The Zombie Shield also works on Avogadro although it deals the same damage as a knife. Upon death, the Avogadro will emit an eerie weak sound, spin around in a circular motion and then fly up and disappear back into the clouds. After killing it, it will come back in a few rounds. Its appearance can be prevented by waiting for the thunderstorm to go away before killing the last zombie, though this can be difficult to do in co-op without good player communication and awareness of the zombie's whereabouts.
Tower of Babble (75 / Silver Trophy ) - In TranZit, obey the voices.
- The Avogadro has the same health as a Denizen when latched on.
- In Theater Mode, if the player goes to free-roam and look into the generator room before power is turned on, the Avogadro will be there trying to break out of the tower, but is unable to.
- Its name is a reference to Amedeo Avogadro.
- The Avogadro will deal a very low amount of damage in its ball form if it gets close enough, however this is very unlikely, unless its attacking in a very tight space or corner.
- Aim Assist will lock on to the generator when the Avogadro is inside.