BTR-80 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
||Wolverines!, Of Their Own Accord, Contingency, The Enemy of My Enemy, Goalpost, Bag and Drag, Iron Lady, Eye of The Storm, Blood Brothers, Stronghold
||Ultranationalists, Inner Circle, Russian Ground Forces
||1 x 2A72 30mm cannon|
1 x PKT 7.62mm machine gun
- For the earlier models, see BTR-40 and BTR-60.
The BTR-80 is a Russian eight-wheeled Armored Personnel Carrier that appears in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Edit
In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the player fights against them in "Wolverines!", "Of Their Own Accord", "Contingency", "The Enemy of My Enemy", and in Special Ops missions Body Count and Homeland Security. It is the primary armored amphibious vehicle of the invading Russian forces.
In "Of Their Own Accord"
BTR-80 in "Second Sun", just before being destroyed
BTR firing its main gun in "The Enemy of my Enemy"
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edit
The BTR-80 makes its return in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. They are common throughout the campaign and are seen in almost every level featuring the Russian military.
In "Iron Lady"
The BTR-80 in Modern Warfare 3. The vehicle is behind the approaching soldiers.
A BTR-80 in Modern Warfare 3.
BTR-80 being carried by a Mi-8
In "Blood Brothers"
Destroyed BTR in "Bag and Drag"
Destroyed BTR in "Goalpost"
- These vehicles can not be damaged by bullets, fragmentation grenades, or grenade launchers; however, RPGs, Predator Missiles, AT4s, Javelins, and Semtex can destroy them.
- If a player attempts to damage this vehicle with the GP-25 or the M203, the message saying "Frag grenades cannot damage this vehicle" will appear.
- Destroying this vehicle in a Special Ops mission, such as Body Count, will count as a "Mega-Kill"; 400-8000 points, depending on the way the player destroyed it.
- In "Wolverines!", if the player stands right in front of the BTR, it will not shoot the player.
- In "The Enemy of My Enemy", if the player goes near the BTR's door, the player can see that there is no room inside it.