Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Barebones Pro is a playlist in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It was added to the Xbox 360 platform on June 21, 2010, and was added to PlayStation Network and the PC with the Resurgence Map Pack, but not as part of it, on the week of July 6. It has two game modes in it, Team Deathmatch and Free-For-All, allowing 4-8 players. In this playlist, all Killstreak rewards are disabled. Other than that, the two modes remain the same except for the smaller maximum of 8 players per game. Xbox LIVE Party Chat is also allowed. Barebones Pro has an objective-based game counterpart, Objective Barebones Pro. As of March 23, 2012, Barebones was added for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It is the same as its Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 counterparts.
In Black Ops, players' Killstreaks, Perks, Camouflage, and Attachments are not allowed. In the Wii version, players' Contracts are not allowed.
- Despite having no killstreaks, Deathstreaks are still active.
- Talk of this type of playlist originated back in 2008 following the Variety Map Pack release on Call of Duty 4, along with Hardcore Ricochet and Second-Chance Search and Destroy. Hardcore Ricochet has also been implemented in Modern Warfare 2. However, the Barebones that was talked about then was also planned to disable perks and attachments along with killstreaks.
- It is easier than most other game modes to complete the challenge "The Loner" (get a 10 kill streak with no killstreak rewards enabled), due to the lack of enemy killstreaks.
- It is possible to search for a Barebones Pro lobby with six total players in the party. However, a game will not start unless it is Free-For-All (Barebones Team Deathmatch is 4v4).
- Unlike regular Free-for-All, this allows parties to play.
- Barebones Pro on the Wii is just known as Barebones.