Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "An armored island surrounded by anti-ship mines and shore to ship cannons, "Battery" places soldiers on a mid-sized map based on Fort Drum (El Fraile Island) in the Philippines. Expect plenty of areas to hide and heavy close quarters combat!"
- — Description on Call of Duty website
Battery is a medium-sized multiplayer map in Call of Duty: World at War. It was released with Map Pack 3 on August 6, 2009 and is set on a sea fort. This map is not available on the Wii version of the game.
Battery is one of the few maps where all types of weapon are a good choice. The openness of the map promotes sniping, and conversely, the close-quarters aspect of the map promotes SMGs and Shotguns. Machine guns are able to cover the medium-long distances, and so are rifles.
Map Features Edit
Battery is a small map. There are several features of this map that must be noted:
- The Marine Raiders start out near coastal defence weapons, and heading straight through brings players into the middle area of Battery.
- The Imperial Army start out on the opposite side of Battery, and can easily access the middle of the map by large doors. Flanking is also possible through an under-floor tunnel which eventually takes players to the Marines spawn.
- At the middle Battery is a large building. The main floor is basically in the shape of a square. Intense firefights can occur here. This is where most people will go at the beginning of the game. There is a lower floor, which consists of a hallway and some stairs. Near these stairs is where most of the fighting will occur. It is possible, on a normal Team Deathmatch, to find the whole enemy team here. The team below the stairs have a huge disadvantage, because any explosive could potentially take out the whole team. A flamethrower is particularly effective in this area, because going down/up the stairs flamethrower ablaze can potentially net the player many kills.
- There are two outshore towers accessible through bridges. One of these bridges is near the aforementioned stairs. These towers are good spots for sniping; a lot of kills can be achieved by sniping from the bridge connecting the two towers. Bouncing Betties are very effective in defense of this area, and a sniper working with a friend can have the friend defend them with a machine gun or SMG.
- The area near the Japanese spawn can be saturated with enemy soldiers, which can potentially mean a lot of kills.
- Conversely, the area near the Marine Raider spawn sees almost no fighting whatsoever, except at the beginning of the match.
- If a player climbs the rock on the beach, they can get above the fence, but an invisible barrier prevents them from leaving the map.
- Sometimes when climbing over specific barriers or getting near them, it's possible to get stuck and not be able to move.