Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A Bayonet is either a knife or spike at the end of the barrel of a gun that can be used to increase melee range. It is found as a weapon attachment in Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, as well as an unusable accessory in Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts. It is also a cut attachment in Call of Duty: Black Ops for the AUG, and was briefly seen in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
Call of Duty: World at WarEdit
200 (SP), 135 (MP)
In the campaign the bayonet is most commonly found attached to Arisaka rifles dropped by Japanese Banzai Chargers, in which case the weapon is called the "Arisaka Bayonet", but it is also found attached to the M1 Garand in the mission Little Resistance, used by the Marine Raiders as well as the player. In Multiplayer, a bayonet stab will kill the enemy instantly just like the knife. In campaign, the enemy will get a sucking chest wound, and will stand while holding their wound in pain before dying. Bayonets are also mentioned in the mission Ring of Steel, by the Commisar in his speech at the beginning of the level. However, it is never actually seen used by the Red Army or Germans in the campaign.
Weapons Available to Use WithEdit
- M1 Garand
- Type 99
- M1897 Trenchgun
- M1A1 Carbine
- SVT-40 (Bayonet was cut from this weapon)
Call of Duty: World at War: Final FrontsEditAn unusable bayonet attached to a Type 99 in Final Fronts.
In Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts, a Banzai Charger will drop a Type 99 rifle equipped with a bayonet. Although they can use this against the player, the player will not be able to stab the enemy with the bayonet since the melee action is performed with the rifle's butt stock.
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
The Bayonet was scheduled to appear in Call of Duty: Black Ops as an attachment for the AUG but it was cut. It can still be found in the game files if the official mod tools are installed.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIIEdit
The Bayonet returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, available exclusively to the NX ShadowClaw.
Call of Duty: World at War Edit
- The bayonet is able to kill a dog at long ranges even before the dog is able to strike, but it misses quite often against them. A bayonet used rapidly is much slower than a knife attack rapidly, which means if the dog is missed with the first thrust, the player is left open to be attacked.
- On the Wii version, the bayonet stab only occurs when the aim assist feature is on.
- On the missions "Semper Fi", "Burn 'em Out" and "Blowtorch & Corkscrew", when the player stabs a Japanese Soldier, they will not bleed, and there will not be any blood stain/mark.
- Bayonet stabs to the head count as headshots for the weapon it's attached to.
- In single player, if the player goes prone and uses the bayonet, the player will swipe the bayonet as if no enemy is around, even if there is one right in front of the player. Enemies hit by this move will still bleed out of their chest as if they had been stabbed.