Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
|Team||U.S. Army Rangers|
|Place||Northeastern Virginia, U.S.A|
|Objective||Reach the objective in under a certain time limit with help from the Blackhawk helicopter|
- "Explosive ammunition, Vulcan Minigun, Blackhawk Helicopter. Clear the way."
- — Spec Ops description
Big Brother is the tenth Special Ops level in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and the final mission in the Bravo tier. It is one of only two Special Ops levels that requires two players, the other being Overwatch. One player will be the gunner of the Blackhawk 'Gunslinger-One' while the other player, as a soldier on the ground, must make it to the roof of Nate's down the block.
The Infinity Ward best time for Big Brother is 1 minute 25.9 seconds.
The player begins Big Brother either as the soldier on the ground or the Blackhawk gunner. The goal is to reach the marked area (The Roof of Nate's Restaurant) and board the helicopter for extraction, within the time limit. As the player goes down the block, they will encounter more and more resistance. There is a roadblock at the end of the road, at which time the player heads down a side alley into the parking area of a gas station.
At this gas station, enemy reinforcements start coming in trucks, and the player on the ground has to try to make his way to the top of a restaurant. When the player reaches the top, they must jump on board the helicopter as it comes to pick them up. Be careful of enemies which will follow the player up the ladder and come up through a hole in the roof.
There are crucial parts in this mission in which the Blackhawk gunner's explosive ammunition will be very useful. The Blackhawk gunner should provide covering fire for the soldier on the ground. Using the minigun, the gunner should take out any enemies he can see.
Beware, though, as the minigun's explosive rounds can easily kill the teammate on the ground by friendly fire.
Note: It is possible for a single player using two controllers to complete this op, even on Veteran difficulty. It requires several practice attempts in order to become familiar with the patterns of enemy resistance.
|Found in level|
These weapons can be found with and without attachments.
- It is odd that one player must reach an extraction point, as there are many areas in the level where the helicopter could simply land to extract the player. It also appears to be more dangerous to move to the new LZ on top of the restaurant while providing fire support for the soldier on the ground than staying where the mission begins.
- The Blackhawk takes off at the beginning of the level.
- If the player aims the Vulcan Minigun down, they do not appear to have any hands, and the Minigun can move by itself.
- When the player who is being escorted reaches the restaurant roof, ready to be evacuated, the player can see that the second player who is using the minigun appears to be standing, with his lower body going through the floor of the Black Hawk. This was probably because Infinity Ward never intended the player to see themselves use the minigun in 3rd person (it was possibly only intended that the player would use the minigun only in "Of Their Own Accord").
- The Chopper Gunner in Call of Duty: Black Ops is used similarly.