Call of Duty news
Call of Duty news
According to leaked artwork by YouTuber "TheFamilyVideoGamers", the next Call of Duty title will be called "Call of Duty: WWII", and, as the name suggests, be set in World War 2. The main artwork depicts a squad of soldiers on a beach under fire, presumably during an invasion similar to D-Day.
This fits in line with Activision's earlier claim that CoD 2017 would "take Call of Duty back to its roots."
To prove his authenticity, the user also claims to have leaked Infinite Warfare in the past, under the alias of "InfiniteWarfareLeaks". Apparently, this account was removed by Activision after they filed a DMCA complaint. The original post can be found here.
Charlie Intel has dug up some old quotes from SHG/Activision staff to support the leak.
In 2014, Michael Condrey stated his willingness to…Read more >
Two days ago, Raven Software added new weapons to their game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, in some cases interesting firearms not available in previous Call of Duty games (or only passively/on Nintendo DS consoles):
- The Mac-10 submachine gun
- The PKM general-purpose machine gun
- The D-25S sniper rifle (which kind of seems to be the combination of an HK417/G28 with an RSASS)
- Five melee weapons (Shamrock Blade, Thug, Samurai sword, Mechanic wrench and Leprechaun).
As for Treyarch, they're still keeping up in adding content to Call of Duty: Black Ops III, recently going through some old but real weaponry. Now they added:
- The legendary Galil assault rifle
- The Ballistic Knife.
Source: Charlie INTEL  Read more >
Despite the fact that Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was the best selling game of last year, Activision has laid off 5 percent of its workforce. This, in part, was due to the fact that Infinite Warfare underperformed the expectations the company had for it. Infinity Ward itself lost 20 employees, which is about 16% of their workforce.Read more >
Since there seems to be a lack of news, I thought I would share this.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has been nominated by The Writers Guild of American for Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing. The other nominees include Far Cry Primal, MR. ROBOT 1.51exfiltratiOn, and Uncharted 4.
The campaign for Infinite Warfare was written by Brian Bloom, who did the voice acting and performance capture for Nick Reyes and voiced Yuri in MW3. Previous winners include Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to name names.
The award winners will be announced February 19th, 2017. What do you think? Let us know in the comments.Read more >
Since the news has been slow for the past couple of months, here's an overall recap on what's been happening with Call of Duty.
- Infinite Warfare was the top selling console game of 2016, according to the NPD Group. However, the overall sales were down compared to Black Ops 3 in 2015.
- The 1st map pack, Sabotage, releases on 31st of January.
- The trailer was also released, which can be seen here
- A holiday bundle was added to celebrate Christmas, which features 25 Rare Supply Drops and 250 Salvage for 2,500.
- There was a "12 Days of Winter" event, in which players who
logged in each day from 21 December recieved a new gift each day:
- DAY 1 – Dec. 21: ‘String ’em Up’ Calling Card
- DAY 2 – Dec. 22: 20 Keys
- DAY 3 – Dec. 23: 200 Salvage
- DAY 4 – Dec. 24: RPR Evo Sled Shot SMG (Common)
- DAY 5 – Dec. 25: 1 Free S…
Read more >
Hello Call of Duty Wiki! It is I, CaptainReyes. January 31st marks the release of Infinite Warfare's first DLC pack, "Sabotage". It features 3 brand new maps, a re-imagining of a classic map, and a brands new Zombies experience.
Regardless of the negative opinions of Infinite Warfare, the Infinity Ward team seem hard at work right creating brand new content and adding/fixing stuff in the game.
- Rave in the Redwoods - A1990s-slasher horror movie set in an old lakeside camp that’s been taken over for a weekend rave party. After finding a piece of the soul key, our heroes find themselves decked out in some tight, fly ‘90s attire and trapped in Willard Wyler’s biggest horror film of his career along with some special guests.
- Dominion – A re-imagining of the classic Afghan map from Modern Warfare 2…
Read more >
Console players can play Infinite Warfaree for free this weekend. All three modes will be available to players, but you will only be able to play the first two campaign missions and the player's level will be capped at 15 in multiplayer and 3 in zombies.
Are you going to give Infinite Warfare a chance now that it's free? Are you just going to skip it? Do you already own it? Tell us in the comments below!Read more >
Size has become something of an issue with quite a few games because they're often... Annoyingly dense in size. Titanfall comes to mind with 35GB of uncompressed audio.
Call of Duty: Legacy Edition has been found out to be a total of 130GB. That includes both the base game and Modern Warfare remastered.
Oh and Voodoo Vince RETURNS.
Source: CharlieIntel's TwitterRead more >
Five days ago "MajorNelson" announced that Call of Duty 3 is available on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility. And now today he's announced the same thing for Call of Duty: World at War. Let me know if you're excited in the comment section down below.
Source: CharlieIntel, TwitterRead more >
Yesterday "MajorNelson" announced that Call of Duty 3 is now available on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility.
Source: CharlieIntel, TwitterRead more >
The final DLC for Black Ops III was released yesterday on PS4. It includes Revelations, the final map in the Zombies timeline to feature the Original Crew.
- Citadel: Once home to a powerful medieval army, this ancient castle now sits broken and abandoned. Tight corners force close-quarters engagements, while the moat and drawbridge allows for unique player movement opportunities in this mid-sized map. The last trespassers didn’t make it out alive – maybe you’ll have a better shot.
- Micro: What’s better than a BBQ on a hot summer day? A miniaturized war zone that takes place on a well-stocked family picnic table, that’s what! Navigate this bite-size battlefield for a larger-than-life experience.
- Outlaw: Gear up for a showdown in Outlaw; a western-style re-imagining of the fan favorite map Standoff …
Read more >
The multiplayer for Infinite Warfare has been revealed by Activision.
- Six Combat Rigs, similar to Specialists, have been unveiled. These include FTL, Merc, Warfighter, Stryker, Phantom and Synaptic.
- Weapon variants have returned alongside a new crafting system. To upgrade a weapon, you have to earn "Salvage" by playing the game. Using this currency, you can upgrade your weapon to one of four variants.
- The movement system from Black Ops III returns.
- A new weapon class, called "Classic", will feature weapons from last Call of Duty titles, and unlike previous games, will not feature a any variants.
- The maps will feature both classic and brand new design.
- Five maps have been revealed:
- Frontier – is a small section of an immense space station that is in orbit around the planet Neptune. The action is funnel…
Read more >
So yesterday the official Call of Duty YouTube Channel uploaded a brand new trailer for Revelations, the new Zombies map for Black Ops III, as part of the Salvation DLC Map Pack. Leave your thoughts down in the comment section below, and remember, if you dare criticize Zombies, then you're a false Zombies fan.
Source: CharlieIntel, YouTubeRead more >
Due to technical difficulties, Miller can’t do the weekly news recap. So he asked me to do it instead! Here's a brief recap on what's happened with the Call of Duty series lately, plus some stuff ongoing stuff here on the wiki.
- Call of Duty 2 was made available for backwards compatability! Which means that all of you pining for a WWII game can hop into one you’ve likely never played. I kind of wish they would’ve remade this instead of ‘’Modern Warfare’’.
- Infinite Warfare narrative director and former Naughty Dog employee Taylor Kurosaki said that he believes that Infinite Warfare could be Call of Duty's next sub-series.
- A sneak peek of the new (and supposedly last) zombies map,
Revelations, was released.
- This was followed shortly after with the map’s prologue. The map appears to include elements…
Read more >
On twitter today "Major Nelson" announced that Call of Duty 2 is now available on the Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Links to both the Charlie Intel article and official tweet from Nelson himself are below.
Source: CharlieIntel, TwitterRead more >
In an interview with Polygon, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's narrative director, Taylor Kurosaki (formerly of Naughty Dog), stated that "We want to establish our own new sub-franchise. Our own new branch of the Call of Duty tree" when asked about Infinite Warfare's potential as a sub-franchise.
He went on talk about how Infinity Ward tried to craft "very rich world" that can be the basis of multiple games, going so far as to state that they're "not even close to exhausting" the lore of this new universe in the upcoming game. He also cryptically mentions that there are many new "under the hood" changes in the new game.
When asked about the story, he mention that it was "first and foremost a classic war story" that closely followed "in the great tradition of the genre." And for those of you tha…
Read more >
Infinity Ward has revealed its new zombies mode for Infinite Warfare, with the first map titled "Zombies in Spaceland", an 80s style fun park. The characters include Andre, A.J., Sally, Poindexter, Spaceland DJ and Willard Wyler.
The map will feature a selection of weapons from multiplayer, "Quest" weapons (similar to buildables) and two pistols unique to the map, the Dischord and Facemelter. A new perk system has been introduced, Fate and Fortune Cards and Candy Perks. The former can be unlocked prior to starting a match on Zombies in Spaceland by completing challenges in-game and progressing through the story, while the latter can be found throughout the map (like Perk-a-Cola machines).
In conjunction with the reveal, Activision has released a new preorder bonus, the "Zombies in Spaceland …
Read more >
A reveal for the Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is scheduled to be released on August 16. Charlieintel also recieved a zombies "care package" with a timer set for the reveal.
Source: Charlieintel.comRead more >
Here's a bit of a recap on what's been happening in CoD news lately, plus some stuff on the wiki. Please note: this isn't the weekly news, just a quick replacement while the news team is redone.
- Activision has reported content sales (DLC, weapon packs etc) have been at a new high over the past couple months, citing sales of $1 billion between May 2016 to August 2016. Overall, content sales have doubled since last year for the company.
- According to NPD Data, Black Ops III continues to be the best selling next-gen console title to date.
- The CoD World League has accumulated 33 million views for Stage 1 events, 5 times more then last year.
- Activision has reported that monthly players for Call of Duty has been at its highest this year then ever before.
- Activision has confirmed that overall preorder num…
Read more >
Yesterday at "SDCC" Infinity Ward unveiled gameplay of the mission "Black Sky" for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The footage shows Lt. Reyes and his squad fighting off "SetDef" forces in Geneva, which later change to space combat, and then finally ends with the reveal of the Terminal pre-order bonus map.
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.Read more >
At Sony's E3 2016 conference held on June 13th, 2016, a new gameplay demo of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was shown off, previewing space combat and what looks to be a non-linear campaign mode.
What are your thoughts?Read more >
Hello everyone. This will be a blog post coverage of the new Richtofen memory trailer Treyarch just released.
To start off, we will have to watch this amazingly story-line packed video, in order to break it down:
So, let's break it down. First I'm going to write down everything Richtofen says, and then, I will explain some of the hidden meanings behind this trailer.
"My name is Edward Richtofen, und I have been trying SO very hard, to do the right thing."
"Long ago, I made a promise... a vow... to protect him."
"In order to keep my word, I have done bad things, VERY bad things..."
"I do not regret the pain that I have caused, because none of it really matters."
"This moment. This... me."
"All of it... will soon be gone."
"I have lied. I've cheated. I have deceived."
"All for a purpose, you could ne…
Read more >
Hello everyone, this is my first blog post ever made on any WIKI actually, however, I will cut right to the chase...
So, "Xbox On" dropped a video the 12th of May, where he interviewed Jason Blundell. In this interview they talk about different things, such as what to expect in Zetsubou no Shima and what we can expect to see in the future. However, there where a few things that excites me a whole lot, and these things are:
- Jason Blundell talks about how the entire story-line, leading up from Nacht, all the way up to the 4th DLC map (whose name didn't get mentioned, obviously), will be explained in such a way, that it will put braces on a lot of the things that the community has been wondering about since the early days of World at War, and its zombies maps all the way up to the 4th DLC ma…
Read more >
With the up coming release of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and the Remastered version of Call of Duty 4, It has been revealed via Best Buy that there will be a trilogy bundle for the Modern Warfare series, Released only on the last gen consoles.
However, They are seemingly forgetting that all three games got map pack DLC... Oh dear. Read more >
This year's CoD title, developed by Infinity Ward, has revealed itself -- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare! The first trailer has been released, and you can watch it below or click here .
Pre-ordering the legacy edition will also get you a copy of the remastered edition of Call of Duty 4; so, mark your calanders and prepare to take command November 4th!Read more >
News has been slowly gaining momentum the past day regarding the next call of duty and the Modern Warfare remastering said to be released with it. Earlier today the trilogy was spotted on an amazon website Check that out here Today the official call of duty Tiwtter replied to a tweet from 2014 (almost 2 years ago) with emojis in well what will probably the first confirmation of a remastering in the works
Find the link to the original tweet below.
https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/725434514315468800Read more >
A possible remake of the MW series might be in the works as the listing for the title has been spotted on Amazon UK and Amazon Japan. Of course nothing is official until it is confirmed by Activision.Read more >
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been spotted on Xbox One's Store as a backwards compatible game, hinting it will be an upcoming addition to the Xbox 360 compatible games.
This also hints that Activision have no plans making remakes of past games for next gen consoles at the moment.Read more >
Call of Duty: Black Ops III has recently leaked an upcoming update; gun related camos. It has been revealed that users will be able to unlock a 3rd prestige for their gun unlocking a gun related camo for their other guns. As of right now it's still in beta, and Gunsmith is not capable of showing the change as it lacks a current model, however there have been rumours that it will change the gun to the same model as the gun in question, and others suggest it will simply add well known parts from the gun in question.Read more >
As Robert Bowling Ball confirmed on Twitter, the 13th installment of Call of Duty (2016) will be titled Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Due to this unexpected innovation to the series, we had to change our Wiki’s background early to reflect this game. Although it is a new gameplay style for the series, it's clearly plagiarism as they copied the same idea as Hardliner Battlefield by involving the gentle police against Vladamir Mokarov's pocket troops rather than pitting armies against each other and fighting as a Super Mario power jumper disguised a US Marine just like in the last two games, like WTF?Read more >
The next Call of Duty game will be a moon shoot, and it will be out of this world. Those statements are nothing to do with the game's ambitions, nor the enjoyment that can be gained from it - just that it will be set in space. Multiple sources confirm that 2016's Call of Duty will offer far future space combat with battles between sci-fi style factions. The latest spate of space-themed rumours add to Infinity Ward's spaceman themed New Year tweet regarding "reaching new heights" in 2016.
Over the weekend NeoGaf's 'shinobi602' claimed that the new Call of Duty game will be set in the "very far future" and feature space combat which could be described as "full-on sci-fi". EuroGamer has turned to its sources for independent confirmation of the nature of CoD 2016 and says this outer-spac…Read more >
So I was playing Advanced Warfare last night, and it took me a bit of time to realize that Double XP is in effect for the Easter weekend! If you bother enough to go back to Advanced Warfare, you'll be warmly welcomed with more XP to help you level up even more.Read more >
Nuketown has been one been one of the most well-known maps of the Black Ops series, since its introduction in Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now Treyarch is releasing the map and related personalisation pack for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC for free if you hadn't already got them from pre-ordering the game starting today. This is a welcome change back to the norm after Sledgehammer games charged players to get Atlas Gorge if they hadn't pre-ordered or owned the Season Pass. Treyarch will also be adding a Nuk3town 24/7 sometime next week, while it is not stated it may also come with some form of double XP. There was no mention of the last-gen consoles so it may not be coming out for those, however this could change in time.
Reference: Activison blogRead more >
Hello everyone, Legos here with some news on Call of Duty: Heroes. Earlier in the week, update 2.3.0 was released. These are some of the changes and additions made to the game.
Command Center 11
Yes you heard it right, they've added yet another Command Center level. Upgrading your base to CC11 unlocks more structures, as well as new tiers of upgrades for units and structures.
Also, note that there were users who were already CC11 six hours after the update came out.
A new defense item, the Auto-Tracking Mine, has been added. When units go into the mine's radius, it will automatically fly towards them. It is unlocked at CC11.
In addition, a garrison option allows the player to automatically restock mines, bunkers, and hangars after they've been activated or destroyed at no cost. I…Read more >
- Gauntlet: Delivering three unique environments within one action-packed map, Gauntlet showcases Treyarch’s classic three-lane map structure, transporting Players into battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero artic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Splash: Dive into battle in this abandoned water park, featuring a vibrant and colorful environment, including waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship and a lazy river. Splash encourages an open flow of combat with opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Rise: A versatile multiplayer map, Rise is set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich in the middle of an ongoing construction site for a massive subterranean Coalescence research campus. With multiple engagement areas throughout this larger map, each section caters to different styles of gameplay.
Read more >
Activision have announced that they will skip this year's E3 event and will not have a physical presence at the show, although they have announced that they will turn up for Microsoft's and Sony's pre-show press conference. This also hints that Activision will not host their own event either.Read more >
One of UK's popular games magazine, Games TM, has leaked Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 to be Infinity Ward's game this year.
It is found to be that the February 2016 Edition, has Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 listed as one of its most wanted games, and notes that it will release in November 2016.
However, this does not mean that Infinity Ward's title this year will be Call of Duty: Ghosts 2, as nothing has been officially confirmed by Activision and Infinity Ward.
But this does that mean that Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 could be a big possibility for this year.Read more >
Treyarch/Activision recently released Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack, a multiplayer-only version of their newest installment. This version is exclusive to PC, and essentially gives its buyer the multiplayer from the game (with some limitations) for a cheaper price of £11.59/€14.59/$14.99 USD. The Starter Pack can also be purchased only from now until February 29. If you wish the upgrade to the full game later on, the price is deducted from the purchase so you don't have to pay extra.
The Starter Pack includes access to public ranked matchmaking, as well as Paint Shop, Gunsmith, Arena, Freerun, Theater, and the Black Market.
It does not include the following:
- Zombies game mode
- Campaign game mode
- Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
- Ability to Prestige (your level will…
"While some annual game franchises are taking the year off, Activision's Call of Duty and Skylanders series will get new entries in 2016, the publisher confirmed today.
This year's Call of Duty is being developed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Ghosts studio Infinity Ward, and will hit sometime during the fourth quarter. Activision Blizzard didn't provide many details on 2016's Call of Duty release, other than to say Infinity Ward's follow-up to last year's Black Ops 3 will be a "[n]ew innovative Call of Duty title." Infinity Ward is one of three studios leading development on the Call of Duty franchise.
Skylanders creator Toys for Bob will lead development on this year's entry in the toys-to-life game series. Last year's game, Skylanders SuperChargers, was de…Read more >
The Awakening DLC is just around the corner, launching next week on Feb 2nd for PS4 first. The whole pack recieved a preview already (which you can see here), but today a trailer specifically for the new zombies episode "Der Eisendrache" is out. Narrated by Tank Dempsey and featuring the classic zombies crew; the trailer sets the scene for the next adventure in the zombies universe and does it's usual job of showing off all the new traps, weapons, and other such frivolities you'll find in the new map.Read more >
The preview trailer for the first of four DLC sets for BO3 has been released. In it, you'll find a break down of the 4 new multiplayer maps and a sneak peek of the new zombies' episode.
Awakening comes out Feburary 2nd, first on Playstation 4.Read more >
The first installment of Black Ops III's DLC set has been revealed. Awakening was announced during the Playstation Experience Keynote, an image was released alongside the announcment.
Four multiplayer maps: Skyjacked, Rise, Splash, and Gauntlet; along with the next zombies map Der Eisendrachen are shown. The DLC was stated to release first on Playstation in early 2016. An exact date wasn't given nor was there any trailer shown at this time.Read more >
A new patch is already out for BOIII on the next-gen consoles addressing the usual bug fixes and weapon adjustments. No info for when PC or last-gen consoles will be recieving a patch.
- Leaderboards enabled in the Barracks.
- Players are now awarded Cryptokeys in Arena and Public matches, after playing consecutive matches in the same playlist.
- Team balancing in Arena and Public Matches has been improved to more consistently maintain even teams.
- Fixed a UI error when entering Prestige in the Multiplayer Frontend menus.
- Addressed a UI error in Fileshare when selecting an empty tab.
- Addressed an issue where hosts were able to leave as soon as the game began.
- Fixed an issue where white boxes were appearing for Custom Classes in Create-A-Class.
- Addressed a case where Scorestreak k…
Read more >
Activision recently announced that they have launched Activision Blizzard Studios for recording movies and TV series. They have plans to release a TV series based on Skylanders in 2016, and films based on Call of Duty by 2018.Read more >
This morning, Microsoft announced the first 104 Xbox 360 games to be coming to Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Though no Call of Duty games were included in the initial list, Call of Duty: Black Ops was specifically mentioned as coming to backwards compatibility at a later date.
While this is great news in itself, as it means Call of Duty: Black Ops will get to live into a second console generation, it's great news for the franchise as a whole. There was a lot of speculation that Activision would not be onboard with Backwards Compatibility, as they would likely want to save Call of Duty games for remasters and the like. With this news, fans now have a lot of hope for games like Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to be added in eventually.
What other Call of Duty g…
Read more >
I want to propose that the events of the game aren't just a "dying dream", as many people seem to think, but a semi-real experience that is taking place in Taylor's mind. And yes, everybody who dies in the game is dead in real life - the events of the "dream" tie in directly with what is happening in reality.
"WE ARE TAYLOR"
- Pre-mission protocols, put into order
Years before the game takes place, Jacob Hendricks was in command of a Winslow Accord wetwork team known as "Phi", consisting of himself, John Taylor, Dylan Stone, Javier Ramirez, Alice Conrad, Joseph Fierro, Eamon Xu and Hussein Patel. Their activities are the focus of the prequel comic books. Xu and Patel were KIA in 2059, and are irrelevant to the video game's plot. Stone, Ramirez, Conrad and Fierro, however, are crucial to unde…
Read more >
The always enjoyable live action CoD trailer is out for Black Ops III, just five days away from launch.
The trailer, narrated by Michael B. Jordan, follows the feats of the courageous Kevin as he makes his way through what you can expect from the campaign; taking out hordes of zombies with Mashawn Lynch; and as Cara Delevingne will show you, what you'll be up against in the multiplayer.
The trailer of course uses the traditional "There's a soldier in all of us" tagline.
Watcha think of the trailer? Are you ready for BOIII?Read more >
If you saw the BOIII Fridays stream today you might've catched this trailer already; but for those who didn't get to watch the stream, or missed it, the official trailer for BOIII's version of the Nuketown MP map is out now. You can watch it below.
What are your thoughts on the redesign?Read more >
Hello everyone, Legos here with some more Black Ops III news pertaining to the new Arena competition, as well as some leaks on weapons and maps.
The new Arena competitive mode (similar to League Play from BO2) will start its beta season on November 6th, coinciding with the game's release.Read more >
This weeks BO3 Fridays theme was Zombies. A video was made on the unboxing of the Juggernog Edition, and a gameplay trailer for "The Giant" Zombies Bonus Map.
The Giant is set in a World War II era at a research facility. It picks up where Origins left off, and so it features the classic characters - Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richthofen. The map includes the Pack-a-Punch Machine, Teleporters, and Hellhounds.Read more >