Modern Warfare 3 news
Details from the Xbox One subreddit and an image show a remastered Modern Warfare Trilogy for the PS4 and Xbox One. Nothing has officially been announced by Activision, however.Read more >
If you didn't get the DLCs for MW3 or BOII don't worry now. As Major Nelson revealed that all content related to Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be on discount for Xbox Live. This discount will stay until March 3rd, 2014. The list of the discounted items can be seen here:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – Games on Demand – 60%
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 01 – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 02 – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 03: Chaos Pack – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 04: Final Assault – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 – Games on Demand – 50%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Season Pass – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Cyborg Pass – Add-On – 50%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 A…
Read more >
A new message in Call of Duty: Black Ops II states that players who have played it or Modern Warfare 3 will receive up to 6 unlocks (playercards/backgrounds) for Call of Duty: Ghosts. MW3 and BOII will also have Double XP starting from October 25th to November 1st starting at 10 AM Pacific time (About 6 PM GMT).Read more >
For all you slowpokes that haven't bought it, MW3 is 50% off until October 1st on Steam.Read more >
Earlier today, Infinity Ward announced that the MW3 Collection 3 Chaos Pack DLC will be released on September 13th for PlayStation 3 and PC.Read more >
Earlier today the Final Assault Trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was released.
It shows in the Video these 5 maps:
Haven't bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 yet? Well now is your chance to see what all the fuss is about! A Modern Warfare 3 demo of the level, "Black Tuesday", has been made available for download exclusively for XBOX360 players. If you're a Playstation 3 player no need to worry, Sledgehammer Games released a statement saying a Playstation 3 release is soon to follow.
*ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE* If the rude comments do not stop, commenting will be turned off. 20:37, August 27, 2012 (UTC)
Sledgehammer's official blogRead more >
Infinity Ward has announced on Twitter that Content Drops 16-18 will be available for PS3 Premium Elite members on August 16th. Terminal will also be available for download on August 16th for PS3 Premium Elite members. Content Drops 16-18 include one new Special Ops mission, Vertigo, as well as two new Multiplayer maps, Decommission and Offshore.
Source: Infinity Ward's official TwitterRead more >
It has been confirmed that ELITE drops 19-21 will be released on August 7th for Xbox Live ELITE users first, consisting of Spec Ops Chaos Mode, Special Delivery, and Light 'Em Up. The description of Chaos Mode being: "A whole new way to play Call of Duty®, Special Ops Chaos mode delivers the ultimate in arcade mayhem. Experience truly heart-pounding and adrenaline-fueled action while competing for high scores in Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome. Chain kills together against a never-ending onslaught of enemies to increase your combo multiplier and earn performance-enhancing perks. Choose your route through each map to optimize weapon pickups, attack, and escape options. Play solo, split screen or online with a friend to take out as many enemies as possible before they take you down o…Read more >
A recent hotfix has been released on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360, rebalancing multiple different weapons:
- PM-9 – Reduced recoil
- MP5 – Increased rate of fire
- UMP45 – Increased damage
- AK-47 – Reduced kick
- FAD - Increased damage and range
- M16A4 - Increased damage and rate of fire
A release date for PC has currently not been released.
Written by: GunsSwordsFlames
Admin note: Flamebaits will be deleted, and if it's consistent, commenting will be disabled. --MLGisNot4Me talk 21:02, August 3, 2012 (UTC)Read more >
Another leak relating to MW3 DLC. Players were recently seen playing a mode called "Spec Ops Chaos" in Modern Warfare 3. Nothing else is known about the mode at this time.
There is rumor that this is the "Classified" DLC for August, which would make us wonder if Roll Call is just a patch.
Read more >
The Call of Duty: ELITE website has revealed a sweepstakes known as the "Roll Call Content Drop Sneak Peek" is coming to Modern Warfare 3. The sweepstakes will allow the winners early access to the upcoming DLC gamemode Roll Call. There are no details on the mechanics of Roll Call however, all we know is that it will be coming to us as a Content Drop in the near future. It is possible it will fill the "Classified" slot on the content calendar for August. Players can read the full rules for the early admission sweepstakes here , just click on "Full Rules". Entering the contest, however, appears to have ended.
Also, it appears that the September content drops, the Final DLC for MW3, have been leaked. Images and videos of maps known as "Parish", "Gulch", and "Boardwalk" have been seen on s…Read more >
From July 20th to July 23rd will be a Modern Warfare 3 double XP event.
Source: ELITE e-mailRead more >
As part of the Steam Summer Sale Modern Warfare 3 has been reduced to half price, assumably for today only.Read more >
It has been confirmed on July 17th for Xbox 360 ELITE owners content drops 16,17 and 18 will be released, these consist of two multiplayer maps and one Spec Ops mission. These consist of:
- Drop 16 - Decommission (Multiplayer Map)
- "A graveyard of rotting [or add decommissioned here] ocean liners has not only given birth to a shantytown of locals, but a mid-sized Multiplayer Map populated in chokepoints; providing the perfect setting for shoreline-based combat."
- Drop 17 - Offshore (Multiplayer Map)
- "Trapped on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, you have nowhere to go but directly at your enemies in this new Multiplayer map boasting helipads, cranes, and countless perches for snipers eager to pick off the competition. Did we mention to look down or else you may fall off?"
- Drop 18 - Vertigo (Special…
- Drop 16 - Decommission (Multiplayer Map)
For lucky Xbox 360 members, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Content Collections (1 & 2) AND Call of Duty: Black Ops's four DLC packs (First Strike, Escalation, Annihilation, and Rezurrection) will be reduced to 600 MS Points each! For players who didn't want to spend money on Black Ops, now's the time.
These packs are also 50% off on PSN and Steam.
Admin note: Any more comments that include flaming, MW3 or Xbox 360 in particular, will be deleted on sight. --MLGisNot4Me talk 15:37, June 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Videogamer.com - Modern Warfare 3 map packs cheap next week
- Microsoft Points Converter
The following are a round-up of recent Tweets from Infinity Ward, mainly @Teanah, @candylexia, and @IWMarkRubin:
- IW are aware of the glitch on the Vortex map.
- If a “snipers/no snipers” playlist is implemented, they will be two separate ones.
- The leaked MW3 Terminal gameplay occurred because that person
hacked into the IW development sites and downloaded it.
- Should have some more details on Terminal by the end of this week or beginning of next week.
- Activision already approved Terminal for MW3, but they are working on how to deploy it.
- IW are still awaiting an answer for whether or not Terminal will launch first on Xbox 360.
- When Terminal does launch IW might do a ‘Terminal 24/7′ playlist for a few days after launch.
- No plans for other old maps returning. Still looking into that.
- Call of Duty: Elite'…
This weekend (June 22-25) Modern Warfare 3 is running double XP to accompany the new maps and spec ops mission on the Xbox 360.
Source: ELITE emailRead more >
The Modern Warfare 3 PC Patch, version 1.14, went live June 21st. This is the patch that was released to the other systems which included buffs to weapons such as the Dragunov. Here is the full list of changes:
- Fix for missing .iwd files causing non-DLC players to be booted from games (iw_25.iwd and ie_26.iwd).
- Fix for non-DLC owners being kicked from game when host migrates to DLC owner.
- Change to match making where region searched is determined by party host.
- Reduced kick to bring it more in line with RSASS.
- Dead Man's Hand
- Reduced explosive radius approx. 25%.
- Blast Shield
- Increased damage reduction for Blast Shield in hardcore modes.
- All Akimbo machine pistols (FMG-9, MP9, Skorpion and G18) now fire slower than their 1-handed counterparts.
- Increased minimum damage for all LMGs (…
Read more >
In a recent Tweet it has been confirmed that Content Collection 2 for PS3 will be released on 21st June. Collection 2 featuring the multiplayer maps Sanctuary, Foundation and Oasis. The Spec Ops missions Iron Clad and Killswitch. And finally the Faceoff maps Getaway and Lookout.
Source: TweetRead more >
Well the PS3 finally got their title update! Almost a month later from the Xbox's latest title update. As soon as I get information about what changed, I will update the blog to update you all. Have fun people who have a PS3.
- http://community.callofduty.com/message/106065898 - Official Patch Notes for MW3
Well with the new content drop from Call of Duty ELITE, a new Title Update has been given to the xBox. It changes the match making system by whatever region the party leader is in. It also gives support for the two new Spec Ops missions, Kill Switch and Iron Clad; as well as two exclusive Face Off maps, Getaway and Lookout; and a multiplayer map called Oasis. It also increased the prestige limit to a whopping 20 prestiges. It also fixed a Rapid Fire glitch (I have no idea what the glitch was). It also modified the pro effect of SitRep.
In the past, Dead Silence muted your footsteps (supposed to be 75% but you still can't hear the player). The pro effect from SitRep allows you to hear enemy players footsteps 4x louder. Before this title update, players with Dead Silence could never be heard, …Read more >
New Prestige Ranks
Double XP weekend for PC Players
New IW Community Manager!Read more >
Reddit users DsmvwldCmmntr and DainBramage77 seem to have found game files for the Modern Warfare 2 map Terminal in Modern Warfare 3, suggesting that a "nostalgia map pack" might be released for the game soon.
DsmvwldCmmntr also found loading screens for the April and May maps and the new Face off maps. Below are the loading images for Terminal, Oasis, Foundation and Sanctuary. There are also the Face Off maps RestRepo, Hillside, Courtyard and Aground.
Read more >
2 maps for the new "Face Off" mode will be available for free via Xbox live on May 15th.
Hopefully all of you PC gamers haven't thrown out your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 disks after the Black Ops II Reveal Trailer. The Content Collection 1 DLC that has been released for the Xbox in March and on PS3 in April will FINALLY be released on PC over Steam, speculated to be around $15. This marks the first time that Infinity Ward has acknowledged and addressed PC since the release since the game's launch back in November.
For anyone thinking about grabbing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on PC (and perhaps taking screenshots for the Wiki), Steam is offering a 33% discount until Sunday at 10AM PST and is also making multiplayer Free to Play until the sale expires. (6PM BST, 1PM EST.)
Read more >
After the most recent Modern Warfare 3 patch for PC, the achievements for the next two Spec Ops DLC missions have been revealed, along with the names of the two missions and details about them.
"Iron Clad" appears to be a mission involving the player controlling a tank.
Source: PC Patch Reveals Next Spec Ops & Acheivements: “Iron Clad & Kill Switch” - Charlie IntelRead more >
Recently announced on twitter, In light of the PS3 getting the Content Collection 1 DLC, All platforms will be getting double XP starting friday.Read more >
Recently stated by a Russian retailer,Read more >
Analyst Michael Olson has said that low game sales at retail recently have been caused by Modern Warfare 3's inability to maintain long term sales.
This time last year Call of Duty: Black Ops was the fifth bestselling title in March 2011. However this year Modern Warfare 3 is predicted to be only the eighth bestseller.
The analyst added:
- "We believe big name titles are no longer able to sustain 'fat tails'. This 'thinning tail' phenomenon is driven by 1) casual gamers leaving the market, 2) a steeper pre-sale and up-front curve, and 3) cannibalization from the pre-owned market."
Other analysts feel that last month's releases like Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter X Tekken, were weaker than titles like Pokémon Black and White and Dragon Age II which shipped last year, resulting in significantly lower softw…
Read more >
A full length Modern Warfare 3 Content Pack 4 trailer has been released featuring Rob Riggle.Read more >
A new DLC drop for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will be landing on Xbox Live tomorrow (April 10th) and will include two new maps "Foundation" and "Sanctuary".Read more >
The long awaited DLC is finally here. The official Content Calendar has been updated and now shows Black Box, Black Ice, and Negotiator's arrival to the PS3 on April 12th for Elite Premium Members!Read more >
On March 30th three FFA gunplay modes are going to be added to the Community Playlists on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
The new modes are available to all players and cycles 4 different modes which are:
- One variation uses an 18 gun progression including 2 sniper rifles to separate the men from the boys.
- The second variation cycles 6 guns 3 times (no sniper rifles) so learn the 6 gun progression and pace yourself through the 3 waves.
- Players begin with one bullet and earn a bullet for every kill (with gun or tactical knife).
- Elimination occurs after 3 deaths but the last 3 players will be visible on the mini-map to keep the action rolling.
- Eliminated players can chase remaining players in spectator mode and back a winner of their choosing by selecting them.
- Selecting a player that you're spectating…
Read more >
These "dirtbag things" are derank lobbies that will send your Modern Warfare 3 rank back to 1. If you get an invite to a private match from an unknown person do not accept it.Read more >
Robert Bowling has recently taken part in a chat. During the conversation, he revealed that:
- One of the DLC maps coming next month is a “large sniper friendly map”
- Hosting/lag issues are still being addressed
- "Very intense" small maps will be dropping soon
- Gun DLC is not a priority
Recap video of the Google Chat
Source: Fourzerotwo Reveals Next DLC Map is “Sniper Friendly” & No Gun DLC? - charlieINTELRead more >
New Modern Warfare 3 Xbox live avatars of John "Soap" Mactavish and John Price are also available for 400 microsoft points
Robert Bowling has confirmed a double XP weekend for Modern Warfare 3 this weekend on ALL the platformsRead more >
According to this twitter post from Robert Bowling, LMGs have had their minimum damage value boosted in a hot fix issued about a day ago.
Have you noticed any differences? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Also worth noting is that a matchmaking update is "still in works".Read more >
A trailer for the Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection 1 has been released. The "map pack" will be released on March 20, 2012 for players and will include Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch, Black Box, Black Ice, and Negotiator. The pack will cost $14.99.Read more >
According to this Gamesta article, Robert Bowling has said that "he would like to see some classic Call of Duty maps released for MW3 for free."
And in this case, it's free. Not just for ELITE subscribers, free for all and at the same time.
Of course, this doesn't mean for sure that we'll be getting free classic maps. But at least there's a glimmer of hope when someone of Robert Bowling's position expresses his want for free classic maps.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below and vote in the polls for what maps you would like to see.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Maps
Read more >
Read more >
There will be a free multiplayer weekend from 6 pm UTC Thursday until 9pm UTC on Sunday for Modern Warfare 3 on Steam. Copy steam://install/42690 into your browser to start the pre load.
The good ol' boys and girls at Activision have some things that want to let you know about, specifically just how successful Modern Warfare 3 is. I was going to make some little blurb about the image this wiki is cited 3 times. Leave your thoughts on this in the comments.
Read more >
Read more >
A PC update has revealed 10 more prestige icons for Modern Warfare 3. Before Christmas 4 maps that will be coming soon as DLC was also revealed this way, hinting that these are legit. Thanks to Charlie Intel for this info.
Read more >
Call of Duty ELITE's content calendar has given us more details on the maps that will drop in February and March, with Overwatch on the 21st plus Black Box and two Special Ops Missions called Black Ice and Negotiator next month.
Let the fun begin! Drop Zone, which was replaced with the newly released Infected game mode, will be returning to the Community Playlists tonight (2/7/2012). Having been a ranked gamemode for around a month and a half, it became popular with many gamers. I guess all your tweets harassing Robert Bowling to put it back finally worked.
So...with the return of Drop Zone, which will you play? Will you try out the new gamemode Infected? Or stick with the familiar gamemode Drop Zone? Or say screw it and go back to your Search and Destroy (you tryhards :P). Post it down in the comments.Read more >
A screenshot of the Febuary CoD:ELITE map was recently tweeted. The map is apparantly called 'Overwatch' and judging from the image it is not a remake of a prior map, meaning they may be coming later. Thanks to this nub for telling me the info to use.Read more >
Read more >
Robert Bowling has tweeted that the Infected game type will be coming to the Community Playlist on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 this sunday. There will be 3 types which are Knife vs Striker (which will appear most often), Knife vs .44 Magnum (which will appear second most often) and Juggernaut vs MK46 (which will appear rarely and only on dome).