If you play Call of Duty or any other games on PC, Steam is holding a huge sale on many game titles from November 27 until December 3, so get there and load up on games while they're cheap. Some offers last throughout the time period, while there are also daily and flash deals that last for 24 and 8 hours (respectively), so you also might want to check back every now and then.
All Call of Duty titles with the exception of the most recent, Call of Duty: Ghosts, are 25% cheaper.Read more >
i made dis Joe Copp 00:13, November 28, 2013 (UTC)
To clarify, this is a parody of a series of videos on YouTube called "Pony Thread Simulator," to which I will not link. Joe Copp 15:16, November 28, 2013 (UTC)Read more >
I like ghost but there needs to be less sniper spots, there are 100 sniper spots on the mapsRead more >
hi kids, Its me finally doing the news. It only took about 10 people bothering me to get me to do this so lets see what's happening.
- glorious PC master race patch
- that's pretty much all that happened.
As always, I'm going to link a bunch of forums in hopes somebody will care and go vote on stuff:
- Forum:War Room forum changes | The new forum layout is terrible. Lets fix it.
- Forum:Repealing recent amendment to COD:CONSENSUS | more forum fixing stuff.
- Forum:Character names | whatever this is.
- Call of Duty Wiki:Newsletter | we have a newsletter now! Sign up!
update: GLORIOUS PC AUTUMN SALE ON STEAM. PRAISE GABEN.
since the news is sorta bare this week, have some random interesting stuff:
- musical genre map
- chell in the rain
- that's really all the motivation …
Read more >
Let's start with the tweaks for ghosts 1. More players for the bigger maps on current gens
2. fix in hit detection, lag or frame drops- what ever it is to improve gun play. I feel something is making my shots not hit when my guns spot on his chest.
3. fix spawns- I feel like a guy I kill will somewhere within like 3 feet of me.
Here are a couple of personal tweaks I want to see that can improve ghosts
1. Improving the point system- You can unlock perks by leveling up but not things like guns and equipments. Simple change I want to be able to unlock guns and equipment by leveling up. Allow guns to unlock attachments by using the gun like in MW3/BO2.
2. Know for those who have played Planetside 2 will know theres daily weapon challenges- using …Read more >
Add me Kaykay1020Read more >
It's been a while.
11:38, November 20, 2013 (UTC) Read more >
Shortly put, shit's going down and I need to focus most of my time to school and related important things, so I'll have to stay inactive from here to avoid distractions and time-sinks. The spare time that I have available for my own interests probably goes into games, socials and YouTube.
See you in Christmas.Read more >
Infinity Ward and Treyarch are companies that produce Call of Duty. Contacting them is very difficult, but can be accomplished with the following steps.
- An e-mail address.
- A YouTube account.
- A console or PC.
- Call of Duty with multiplayer.
- Recording software.
- Video editing software.
- Voice recording software.
- A microphone.
- A Twitter account.
Firstly use your recording software to record the best moments of your multiplayer, be sure to makes sure it is equal to somewhere between 5-10 minutes. If playing on PC be sure to have all the settings set to high. Try to make sure all the gameplay is with the same weapon, this will help later.
Now put all the clips into the video editing software, be perfectly sure to cut out any scenes of being killed, and try t…
Read more >
A title update has been released for the Master Race version of Call of Duty: Ghosts. The list of update can be found at the thread in question and below.
- New Features
- CODeSports option added, providing further MLG support; Contains a Broadcast mode and the ability to enable the latest MLG ruleset in both online Private Matches and System Link.
- Nvidia SLI performance improvements.
- AMD performance improvements, reducing in-game hitching on cards with 1Gb RAM.
- CPU performance optimization for PC’s with less than 4 cores.
- Changed the less than 6Gb RAM minimum spec. fence from a blocking error to a warning screen.
- 4k display option added.
- Fixed a rare crash when quitting out of an MP match while calling in a squad mate with a…
Read more >
Wow. I just got C.O.D Ghosts the other day, and my mind was blown.... the wrong way. Let's face it people, Cod Ghosts is not good at all. Many, many glitches, bad campaign, not many options, the graphics engine has been the same since 2007, and the only redeeming quality of a C.O.D game... Multiplayer... Is the worst I've seen since the original C.O.D. So for me, I'm crackin' the case of Black Ops 2, MW3, Black Ops, and MW2 again. I just can't reccomend C.O.D Ghosts in any way. Not on PC, Xbox 360 or PS3. So save some money and just get GTA 5 or something. -Codguy1324Read more >
Admin of the BF Wiki here, and the BF Wiki is in dire need of assistance. We need editors. Compared to this or other Wikis, the BF Wiki is well on its way to being a dead Wiki, despite new games by DICE. All contributors are Welcome, even those who have bad relations with our admins as weve all agreed. (Yes you MLG )
-- 04:25, November 19, 2013 (UTC)Read more >
I have created this blog to see what this Wiki thinks of these two modes. I personally prefer Search and Rescue but, I want to see what the majority of the Wiki thinks.Read more >
Why welcome back my children of all ages, here is the news of weeklyness.
- There is confirmation that a patch will happen next week.
- PC got dev playlists to have fun with.
- More Mega Bloks have been made, featuring the heavily bearded Cpt. Price
- Some guy got to the highest prestige alreadyobviously me
- A blog has been constructed to see which MP is better, BO2 or G?
- Official sign-ups for the Call of Duty Wiki Newsletter have
begun, be sure to add your name if you want in.
- Please note that if you added your name to the "Measuring Interest" section of the forum you're not on this list, so you will still need to add yourself if you want to get the newsletter.
- See if the wiki should help out with a new experiment
- The Wiki newsletter is almost done, sign-u…
Read more >
October 29, 2013 marked 10 years since the first Call of Duty game was released. Starting as a World War II First Person Shooter that saw the player take on the roles of a British, Russian and American soldier fighting Nazis across Europe, the series has since evolved, creating storylines set around Two Cold Wars, a Third World War, and a destructive Invasion.
Call of Duty won awards and praise for having a cinematic quality, and for equally representing the major allies of World War II. The series has continued its tradition of Cinematic single player modes, and has continued a tradition of fun Multiplayer experiences, one that has been with Call of Duty since the first Modern Warfare title released 6 years ago.
Yet, October 29th was an uni…Read more >
We just wanted to remind everyone that we'll be streaming Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer this afternoon from 3pm to 4pm PST on our Ustream channel (you can also watch it below!)! If you're interested in playing with us, post your gamertag in the comments and we'll try to get a party going! See you online!Read more >
Feature Call of Duty: Ghosts Image Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasm · Flooded · Freight · Octane · Overlord · Prison Break · Siege · Sovereign · Stonehaven · Stormfront · Strikezone · Tremor · Warhawk · Whiteout · Free Fall
Aftermath · Cargo · Carrier · Drone · Express · Hijacked · Meltdown · Overflow· Plaza · Raid · Slums · Standoff · Turbine · Yemen · Green Run · Nuketown 2025 · Nuketown Zombies · Hydro · Grind · Downhill · Mirage · Die Rise · Vertigo · Studio · Magma · Encore · Mob of the Dead · Cove · Rush · Uplink · Detour · Buried · Pod · Takeoff · Frost · Dig · Origins
Read more >
What path do you think Infinity Ward will take after you saw the cliffhanger ending of Call of Duty: Ghosts, most likely there will be a sequel. If Infinity Ward makes a sequel, what do you think the story should be about?
-Nardei99Read more >
Today, at about 7:00 PM CET, 4 "Dev" Playlists were added to Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PC. Three of them contain Maps of future DLC Packs, the fourth one is a quad XP (!) Prison Break only Playlist with "flexible" Player Numbers.
The DLC Map Names are as follows:
- Red River
- LUA_MENU_GAZA (probably Gaza, the proper text for this was missing)
- LUA_MENU_MAPNAME_COMP (probably Complex or something, proper text was missing as well)
Hello all and welcome to this week's news!
- Call of Duty: Ghosts was launched!
- Mark Rubin explained that the Xbox One's output of 720p was down to memory allocation
- N7 collated reviews for Ghosts from various reviewers
- Here is a comparison between Ghosts gameplay for current gen and next gen consoles
- Mark Rubin revealed that Search and Destroy will be re-added to Ghosts
- Delije Sever 1989's RfA passed and he now has admin rights! Congratulations!
- Sactage talks about his visit to Infinity Ward and his impressions of Ghosts before launch
- As usual, the War Room is full of lots of things to discuss:
- Ghosts personalisation articles
- A Wiki Newsletter, here is a blog post with further information
- Repealing the most recent amendment to the COD:CONSENSUS policy
Read more >
The Game play system of Call of duty well, lets say stays the same and same over the years regardless the type of game. Save for Nintendo DS But overall the entire reason why i dislike the gameplay system mostly Multiplayer is that they took many different elements from other games.
For one i play vast amount of First Person Shooters, I own BF3( Battlefield 3,MOH ( Medal of honor ) And MOH:WF(Medal of Honor Warfighter) And i plain out hate the mutiplayers, because for number one i suck at them i cant see anyone, but people can see me which causes me to leave the game and never come back.
But the Call of Duty Ghosts Mutiplayer took a number of Gameplay elements from both BF3 and MOH:WF First is the cover system/ leaning mechanic It clearly …
Read more >
As both Ghosts and Battlefield 4 have released, flame wars are bound to erupt. Sure both games have their pros and cons but theyre still good. If anyone sees flame bait on either this or the BF Wikia, dont give in and comment. Trolls want you to do, no matter how ridiculous their argument is. -- 22:47, November 9, 2013 (UTC)Read more >
Mark Rubin recently sent this tweet:
So it looks like Search and Destroy will be coming back soon due to popular request, and IW preparing for the PS4 and Xbox One launch.
What do you think? Glad IW is listening to fans? Happy to see S&D back in the game? Tell us in the comments below!Read more >
After watching Ali-a, KYR speedy, etc, play on ghosts maps,ive noticed that the maps have not been updated, so its up to me to do so.Read more >
Overall I find ghost to be a great improvement over BO2(not saying it was bad). One noticeable improvement is sound whoring is back and better then ever. The new engine can distinguish different materials, the unique gun sounds, silencers and more. I would recommend getting a good headset as it will help in ghost tremendously
I'm infatuated with the fast pace of the game. From the maps layout and how the damage profile of the weapons makes every style of play effective on all maps.
There is only one flaw of the game so far to me - the maps and thats because only 12 people can play on these big maps. I'm hoping that on next generation console that gets worked out, I'm pretty sure that will as groun dwar will be on the next gen consoles.
The …Read more >
Disclaimer: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS, I WILL CURSE, I WILL CRITICIZE PEOPLE. Sue me.
So as many of you know, Call of Duty: Ghosts was released. Being COD, it automatically gets hate. However, Ghosts has had a special perimeter of hate. Several of which range from ridiculous or hypocritical. What I am going to do is pinpoint every piece of the hate of it, and explain on how ridiculous the hate is. Let's begin.
Every since Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty has been hated, now, it has had its stereotypes before, but real HATE started to come around 2010. Unjustifiable hate for a game that has millions of fans is a common thing among successful franchises. Most of the time they bring out good points, but for COD, not so much. Let's break it do…
Read more >
Another entry in the Call of Duty franchise, another set of review scores. As the first Call of Duty available for next generation consoles, Call of Duty: Ghosts has quite a bit of heavy lifting to do if it wants to sit pretty on the top as one of the franchise's best offerings. Jokes about dog AI and Private James Ramirez aside -- how does Ghosts stack up?
Though the critical reception has been varied so far, with supporters applauding its robust multiplayer and varied campaign while detractors point to a certain lack of innovation, it appears to be more positive than negative.
Check out the critical response below and let us know your thoughts in the comments section!
Read more >
Heads up, Call of Duty fans! In celebration of Call of Duty: Ghosts' recent release, Wikia Live will be dedicating a pair of our biweekly streams to the game. First, to sample the game's story mode, we'll be streaming an hour of the single player campaign tomorrow, Wednesday, November 6th. Next week, on Wednesday the 13th, we'll be trying our hand at online multiplayer.
Either check out the stream below or on our USstream page. We'll be getting things started at 3:00PM PST on both days. See you there!Read more >
ok spoilers obviously after the doge pic uve been warned mofos
ok so imagine at the end of mw3 u kill makarov and then price is sat there smoking a cigar thinking "shit dude i did good i killed the big bad yeah" then u like sit through the credits thinking "fuck yeah i killed the big bad im really cool" THEN FUCKIN SUDDENLY OUT OF NO WHERE MAKAROV FUCKIN COMES BACK ALIVE AFTER BEING HANGED AND CAPTURES U AND SENDS U INTO A BIG ASS CAGE AND MAKES THE WHOLE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME COMPLETELY POINTLESS YEAH FUCKIN NICE ONE IW
below is mfw
ps mass effect 3 had a better endingRead more >
Just wanted to whish everyone a Happy Ghosts Day! What is your favorite part of the game so far?Read more >
Hey guys! A few weeks ago, I had the chance to visit Infinity Ward's office over in LA and play some Ghosts MP before the game released. It was an awesome experience, and I'd like to share my first thoughts and opinions with you all.
The first thing I had the opportunity to do was set up some custom classes for use in Wargame. Since I'm used to playing a more "run-n-gun" play style, the first one I set up was the K7 with an RDS, settling with a PDW accompanied by a Tac Knife for a secondary weapon set. I also opted to make a shotgun-based class, the Tac 12 with slugs being my weapon of choice. As far as perks go, I chose Ready Up, Sleight of Hand, Blind Eye, Gambler, and Hardline for all of my classes to help out my playing style.
Once I was…Read more >
(Contains some gameplay from the Campaign if you don't want to see spoilers)Read more >
Call of Duty: Ghosts was released on current gen platforms today, here is a round up of all the reviews for the game.
- "Despite an overriding feeling of familiarity, Ghosts is another excellent entry in the Call of Duty series." - 4/5
- "Call of Duty: Ghosts throws a lot of stuff at the walls and attempts to see what sticks. In addition to the campaign and multiplayer there's now Extinction, Squads, Clans Wars and more. There's a little bit of everything to be found here and it's all built on the foundation of a fast paced shooter. With so much customization over your character and routes of play there's probably something for everyone in Ghosts. While the singleplayer gets upstaged by a dog, the multiplayer comes at you from so many angles that y…
Read more >
Activision released a Call of Duty Infographic today that details some information about the enormous size of the franchise. Check out the image below and bask in the madness!Read more >
Last week we discussed the fact that the Xbox One runs at a lower native resolution than the Playstation 4. interview with Eurogamer, Mark Rubin explained that while Infinity Ward had the developer kits for both consoles, the unfamiliar operating systems for both consoles proved a problem for the developer, and while saying that there's no specific cause, blamed the voice chat in particular for taking up too much RAM.
"...The VO chat on Xbox took up so much resources that we couldn't do 1080p native. There's no definitive one-to-one per se cause and effect. It's just an overall thing."
Infinity Ward made the call a month ago, although the decision process was a long one. Rubin added that "it wasn't a lack of effort" on the studio's part, and…Read more >
Hi guys! Joe here. Some of you may have seen it, but I made a proposal that we start up a wiki newsletter.
What is this? Well, it would be a talk page message automatically posted to your talk page by a bot roughly every month or so, if you were to sign up for it. It would have lots of information about stuff that happened on the wiki since the last newsletter. Stuff like policy changes, big events, projects, and just about anything could be explained in detail on the newsletter for those that haven't been keeping up on them themselves. It would mainly serve to keep people involved in less popular site-wide projects, like the Improvement Drive or the War Room. It would also contrast the weekly news blogs a bit since those focus primarily on…Read more >
Call of Duty: Ghosts comes out in less than 2 days, what platform are you getting it on and why?Read more >
Hello, Deathmanstratos here, I have a Chain SAW, and a blindfold. Although it wouldn't make a difference.
- Extinction Mode for Ghosts was teased
- It was then revealed
- And then Gamespot got an exclusive look at it. HYPNO KNIFE
- Ghosts runs at a lower resolution on the Xbox One than PS4, although this will change for games over time an stuff.
- Everybody be Free Fallin'
- A Live Action Trailer of promoting Ghosts was released, it was funny.
- The most important forum relating Ghosts, I personally think, Related Videos and whether they should be turned off or not.
- Decide whether we should have individual pages for all the Ghosts personalization stuff
- Darwin is here to stay, input there
- We got some script for file space
- We now have a Wiki Newsletter, you can sign up …
Read more >
With Call of Duty: Ghosts coming out soon, Activision has released a new live-action trailer.
Go and see the video here:Read more >
I have a small big problem I am trying to solve since 4 months ago.
I have Call of Duty 1 original, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty MW4 and they work perfectly without the slightest lag, excepting tiny lag spikes, but I also have Call of Duty world at war wich laaags extremly bad, It doesnt lag when I look in the sky or ground but help me, WaW is better than MW4 but how to play such a great game when the lag forbids you, really, help would be welcome.
Lowest graphics possible,
Everything is low, off, none etc,
I am playing in a window,
I am playin gin 640x480 window res,
Tex filter is auto
Anistrophic Filtering is lowest
Help?Read more >
An official gameplay trailer of the upcoming map Free Fall has been released.Read more >
If better graphics alone aren't incentive enough to get the new Xbox One/PS4 or PC versions of the game, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts will only support up to 12 players in a match, according to an article by Polygon, making Call of Duty: Ghosts the first Call of Duty game on 7th gen consoles to have a 12 player max limit. While Team Deathmatch has always only supported 12 players, the Ground War playlist had previously supported up to 18 players.
Other news from Activision spokesperson Dan Amrich includes that the Xbox 360 will have a 3GB download for the singleplayer and a 250MB download for the Free Fall map, (this is compared to the unprecedented 40GB install required to play on PC) and that it is unknown (read: don't …Read more >
Infinity Ward developer Mark Rubin has admitted over Twitter that unlike the PC and PS4 versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts, which are able to run at 1080p, the Xbox One version of the game will only run at 720p.
Taking to Twitter, Rubin stated, "Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both."
While 720p is still better than the Xbox 360/PS4, which run at 600p and are upscaled by the console, the fact the Xbox One version runs at a lower resolution means that the hardware is most likely less powerful than the PS4's. Could this be an indicator o…
Read more >
Infinity Ward has recently given Gamespot an exclusive look at the new co-op gamemode "Extinction". This video contains some gameplay, as well as some commentary discussing the gamemode itself. The gameplay is Xbox One footage. The video can be seen below.Read more >
Infinity Ward has released some gameplay of Extinction on an interview with Gamespot with their own commentary on it, talking about the mode and what you can do in it. This video can be seen here:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/surviving-call-of-duty-ghosts-extinction/2300-6415837/?preview=1Read more >
Recently Wikia, including myself, hopped into Google Hangouts to chat about the launch lineups for the next gen consoles. I thought your community might be interested to weigh in on the lineup yourselves! I posted the video below, let me know in the comments what you think about the upcoming consoles and the games that could get you to buy one.Read more >
The reveal trailer for the all new co-op survival mode in the upcoming game, Call of Duty: Ghosts has been released! The mode, titled Extinction, features a post-apocalyptic setting swarming with aliens. How do you think the game looks?Read more >
Hello everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood trap here with the news.
- Someone thought it was a good idea to add aliens to Call of
(I'm one of those people)
- People who played the last two CoDs get special things for the new CoD (Yay for commitment)
- PC requirements for Ghosts was shown (Ye)
- Wiki design overhaul
- Testing out Darwin
- Weekly News team members
- Proposal: Wiki Newsletter
- Turning off related videos again
- Altering COD:LEAK
- Ghosts comes out in 9 days.
- That's it.
- We got an RFA for Delije Sever 1989, the first is Gaben x Gaben (9) months.according to MLG
Read more >
- Someone thought it was a good idea to add aliens to Call of Duty
An official teaser for the Extinction mode has been released by Infinity Ward. While it doesn't show greatly much, as is to be expected from a teaser, it does support the theories that this game features aliens.
The video can be seen here:
Read more >
I feel like this because I had a question when I was in the chat room, and Everybody was ignoring me!
- I feel like chopped liver
- I feel like an outcast
- I feel like the “Meg Griffin” Of Call Of Duty Wikia!
Tysaylor141 (talk) 04:13, October 27, 2013 (UTC)Tysaylor141Tysaylor141 (talk) 04:13, October 27, 2013 (UTC)Read more >