|Blood and Iron|
|Next level||Ring of Steel|
|Game||Call of Duty: World at War|
|Weapons||T-34 - 1x 85mm gun ZiS-S-53, Flamethrower|
|Enemy weapons||(Seen, but not usable.) Kar98k, MP-40, Panzerschreck, MG-42|
|Place||Seelow Heights, Germany|
|Date||April 16, 1945|
|Objective||Neutralize all enemy artillery|
Proceed to the Radio Tower
Destroy Radio Tower
Rejoin the Main Russian Army
Break the German line and reach the train station
- "We have lost many brave men, but their sacrifice is not in vain. Our tanks now form a line of steel so powerful that all German resistance will be crushed beneath its mighty treads. Today, we will watch as Seelow falls, along with all those foolish enough to stand in our way."
- — Sgt. Reznov in the pre-mission screen.
"Blood and Iron" is the eighth mission in Call of Duty: World at War's single-player campaign. In this level, the Russians are ready to break through Seelow and march on to Berlin. Dimitri Petrenko takes control of a Russian OT-34-85 tank, the player starts out with Commissar talking to the player and the other Russian tanks, while Reznov guides the player on how to control the tank throughout the level. Start by destroying artillery cannons and German infantry armed with Panzerschrecks and small arms. The OT-34-85 is equipped with a coaxial flamethrower with a large radius of fire activated with the same button as the Grenade button, (When playing Co-Op, whoever is not the host controlls a T-34-85 with a Coaxial Machine Gun instead), after destroying the Artillery positions and some Panzers, move on to destroy a radio tower. Dealing with enemy tanks, Panzers and King Tiger positions, move up to destroy the radio tower, preventing the Germans calling for reinforcements. Take care after destroying the tower though, the next area will be sprawling with tanks, Panzerschreck towers, bunkers and Germans with Panzerschrecks. Eventually the player will reach the train station, and the mission will end. During a short cutscene,Sgt.Reznov will compliment the player, and tells the other soldiers of his/her heroism.
Video WalkthroughEditCall of Duty World at War - Campaign - Blood and Iron(09:50)
- This is the most graphically intense level in World at War.
- Although the previous level of the Russian Campaign takes place on April 18th, this takes place on the 16th.
- Like in "Burn 'Em Out", only the first player will receive the flamethrower tank in co-op. Any other player will have only a co-axial machine gun.
- The achievement/trophy "Iron Fist", requires the player to destroy all tower and bunkers (There are 21, some are hard to find).
- This is the only time the player gets to use a tank and control a vehicle on the Wii version.
- On the side of the tank, there is writing that says "УФА" (Pronounced as Ufa) - the name of the Russian town in the Urals where some of the tank building factories were located during WWII.
- This is the only level and "Their Land, Their Blood" where the player can see Russian support gunners. After going across the field with the FlaK 88s they will see a lot of Russian soldiers, a great number of which are listed as support gunners.
- The noclip cheat does not work on this level.
- One of the support gunners has a DP-28, the only time the gun is seen in the campaign.
- Even after the player destroys the radio tower, if they shoot, the shell will still explode where the tower used to be.
- When destroying the radio tower if the player sits underneath it, it will not fall until the player moves even after blowing it up.
- After the player has hit a Panzerschreck bunker twice with a tank shell, they can get close to it and fire the flamethrower through a window. Flames can be seen emerging from the other windows and, after concentrated fire, the bunker will be destroyed.
- In this mission, it is possible to take cover by repeatedly firing the flamethrower and staying in the smoke.
- Oddly in co-op, other players can use the Hull Machine Gun to destroy the bunkers by shooting into the windows.
- Probably due to technical limitations of the game's engine, the tank cannot go over trees - which normally would break on impact - but instead the tank is stopped like it drove into a building.
- When entering the train at the end of the level, the player can see two Privates Chernov.
- This is one of the only levels to lack a deathcard, the other being Black Cats.
Hell on Wheels (30 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete Blood and Iron on Veteran.
Iron Fist (15 / Silver Trophy ) - Destroy all the towers and bunkers in Blood and Iron. (Solo or co-op)
- Main article: Blood and Iron/Transcript