- "The blokes we're after must be stuck in that far tower. I'll go left; you stick to the right."
- — Sgt. Starkey to Carlyle
Sergeant Bob Starkey was a commando in Popski's Private Army, a British special forces unit, who fought during World War II, as seen during the events of Call of Duty: Finest Hour.
Sergeant Bob Starkey commanded Team A in the Battle of Matmata, and continued fighting after the battle into the morning at an unnamed German-held fortress in Tunisia.
Bob Starkey knows some German, as shown when he said "We're hunting some rabbits for dinner" to a German radioman to conceal the fact that one of their outposts had been taken out.
- Starkey is voiced by AC/DC's lead singer, Brian Johnson. In the game, he makes a reference to AC/DC's song "Breaking the Rules" via his line, "Get ready to break, and ready to dash!".
- Starkey has a tattoo on his left arm.
- ↑ Call of Duty: Finest Hour British campaign.