The Brick Blaster is a weapon in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare that is hidden in the game's code. It can only be obtained by using console commands.
Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareEdit
When shot, it fires a bullet as well as a cinder block. Any bricks fired will remain on the map for a short period of time. When equipped, the ammo counter becomes invisible.
The on-screen weapon name calls it the "C4 detonator", and this is seen on pick-up text as well. The Brick Blaster's pick-up icon is a squished version of the M1911's pick-up icon.
Additionally, when in third person and aiming down the sights, the character will walk in an odd slouching motion, which is not seen anywhere else in the game. Crouching or lying prone will cause the character to start using the bomb defusing animation.
When meleeing with the Brick Blaster, the player swings the pistol instead of knifing. This could mean that the weapons of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare were originally meant to retain the bashing melee attacks from previous titles.
- From a third person view, it is held like a rifle.
- It's reload is a slower version of the USP .45's reload with no sound.
- It is similar to the Dirty Harry of Call of Duty: World at War, as they are both pistols that have several graphical quirks and do not fire bullets, but rather a different projectile.
- It's name in the HUD shows up as "C4 Detonator".
- When pressing the melee button, the player will swing the gun in a pistol-whip motion, instead of swinging a knife.