The CIA emblem in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
|Leader(s)||The United States Government|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
|Country||United States of America|
|Type||Multi-role intelligence agency|
- For the database this faction uses, see Central Intelligence Agency Data system.
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is the primary intelligence agency of the United States of America, which conducts a wide variety of operations from direct action to counter-intelligence. It is the technical successor of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which operated during World War II. Their departments include the SAD (Special Activities Division) which conducts military action and intelligence operations, is the most clandestine department in the agency.
The agency is featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In the mission "No Russian", players undertake the role of PFC. Joseph Allen, who is disguised as Alexei Borodin, to infiltrate the inner circle of Russian Ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov. It is one of three playable factions featured in the game. It is mentioned again when Shepherd is looking at a picture of the CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia in the opening cutscene of "Exodus".
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the CIA's paramilitary branch (Special Activities Division) along with MACV-SOG are the main protagonists of the game. In the mission WMD, players take the role of Jason Hudson to find Nova-6.
In the Zombies mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops II there is no heard quotes or communication between the 4 operatives.
1961 - 1989Edit
- Alex Mason (K.I.A/Retired, Player-determined)
- Frank Woods (Retired/Deceased, Player-determined)
- Joseph Bowman (K.I.A.)
- Jason Hudson (K.I.A)
- Mark McKnight
- Manuel Noriega (Imprisoned)
- Grigori Weaver
- Terrance Brooks
- Bruce Harris (K.I.A.)
- Fulsang (K.I.A.)
Cold War (1961-1989)Edit
- Operation 40: The Op 40 was sent to kill Fidel Castro.
- Executive Order: Eliminate the Soviet Ascension Group, destroy Soyuz 2 and kill Nikita Dragovich.
- Numbers: Interrogate Dr. Daniel Clarke in Kowloon City.
- WMD: Find the Nova 6 facilities.
- Rebirth: Extract Dr. Freidrich Steiner from Rebirth Island.
- Redemption: Stop Nova 6.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Rescue Frank Woods.
- Old Wounds: Gather intel on Menendez Cartel.
- Time and Fate: Secure Raul Menendez.
- Suffer with Me: Capture Manuel Noriega.
- Unknown: Assassination of Jose Luiz Menendez.
- Achilles' Veil: Farid works undercover in Raul Menendez's terrorist group Cordis Die to gain his trust.
1961 - 1989
- Valkyrie Rockets
- AK-47 (only disguised in "Executive Order")
- Barrett M82A1
- Browning HP
- FIM-92 Stinger
- Colt M16A1
- One can see the CIA logo stamped onto a picture of Reznov (it flashes by quickly) on the cutscene before the mission "Project Nova".
- In Zombies, they will sometimes hiccup instead burping when drinking perks.