|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Fallen Angel, Odysseus, Cordis Die, Judgement Day, Strike Force missions|
|Used by||Navy SEALs |
|Weapons||Machine Gun, Grenade Launcher, Flamethrower (unusable, except for Brutus)|
The CLAW (Cognitive Land Assault Weapon) is an unmanned vehicle-like weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
The CLAW is a quadrupedal drone and uses mechanical legs for maneuvering (which causes slow robust movement). Bullets cannot damage the CLAW's main body, with the exception of those fired by special weapons (Storm PSR, Death Machine, Minigun) and high caliber sniper rifles (DSR 50 and XPR-50). Normal bullet fire can only destroy the CLAW's legs, immobilizing them permanently. The War Machine works best, it can destroy a CLAW instantly with one shot by direct hit and a fast fire, so it can destroy multiple CLAWs at a time.
It is armed with a powerful rotary cannon, grenade launchers and a mounted flamethrower. CLAWs are also seen in and are useable in most of the Strike Force levels.
- Fallen Angel (friendly)
- Odysseus (friendly)
- Cordis Die (enemy)
- Judgment Day (both friendly and enemy)
- Its top-right side reads: "C.L.A.W. mkII 030973."
- In the multiplayer map Drone, there is a model CLAW standing on top of a table on the second floor of the main building.
- Its minigun sound in E3 and the final game are different.
- The CLAWs can "crouch", to avoid taking damage to vital parts in battle.
- CLAW's are the only drone that can be directly controlled by the player in a campaign level, Fallen Angel.
- Most CLAWs seem to have Latin Names, particularly ones that pay homage to figures from Roman history.