30 Rounds, 45 Rounds (Extended Mags)
Level 18 (Multiplayer)
2.33s loaded, 2.7s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
- "The CM901 offers solid stats across the board, performing well in many situations but exceeding in none. Damage output and effective range sit on the higher end, while mobility and accuracy take a minor hit with a heavier frame and a sharp kick through continuous fire."
- — Call of Duty ELITE description
The CM901 is unlocked at level 18. The CM901 is one of the deadliest assault rifles because of its high damage, relatively clear iron sights, and good handling, with a moderate reload time. This allows it to excel in all engagements, be it far, medium, and even close ranges, where it performs with lethal force due to its high damage.
It should be noted that the CM901 is at a slight disadvantage compared to other assault rifles in core game types; other assault rifles such as the ACR 6.8 and the M4A1 boast the same three-shot-kill power at close-range, but lower recoil and higher rate of fire, as the CM901 has the second slowest fire rate among the assault rifles.
The Red Dot Sight and Holographic Sight are useful, though not mandatory, because the iron sights are relatively clear. The Silencer is also effective since the CM901 has high minimum damage, taking four shots to kill at range.
Due to its rather high recoil, the Kick proficiency is recommended for effective use, especially for targets at range or behind heavy cover. Apart from that, Attachments is useful to create a setup to the player's preference, and Focus to reduce flinch when getting shot.
The CM901 is somewhat comparable to the AK-47, because of similar stats. The CM901 has clearer iron sights along with an earlier unlock level. Its raise and drop times are faster than the AK-47 and the recoil is less shaky when aiming down the sights. The CM901 also has slightly faster reload times (both loaded and unloaded). However, the AK-47 has a slightly higher rate of fire.
The CM901 is available in Survival Mode at level 43 and costs $3000. Its high damage can be very effective in the later rounds against Juggernauts and heavy infantry. Due to its high recoil, the CM901 is not very effective at long range unless attaching an ACOG Scope. It is not used by any enemies.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Grenade Launcher (M320) - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- ACOG Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- Heartbeat Sensor - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 17.
- Shotgun - Unlocked at weapon level 20.
- Hybrid Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 23.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 26.
- Thermal Scope - Unlocked at weapon level 29.
- Kick - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Impact - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Attachments - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Focus - Unlocked at weapon level 16.
- Breath - Unlocked at weapon level 22.
- Stability - Unlocked at weapon level 28.
DemonstrationEditModern Warfare 3 - CM901 Demonstration(00:20)
- The Colt logo is visible on the right side of the back of the charging handle.
- The third-person model and the pickup icon of the CM901 has a grip, while the first-person model does not, similar to the SCAR-H in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Prior to an update, the CM901 had an increase in fire rate from 666 RPM to 759 RPM when an underbarrel shotgun or grenade launcher was attached. This is still present in the Nintendo Wii version of the game and in Survival mode. This was because the stats were changed in development, but the stats' change was not optimized to underbarrel attachments, in a similar fashion to the Model 1887 Akimbo nerf not affecting the Bling combination.
- In the Dew XP promotion, it says Price's main weapons are the CM901 and MSR, despite never using them in-game.
- When respawning with a Hybrid Sight, the character might flick the zoom away, then bring it back up instantly.
- The CM901 w/ Shotgun uses the M4A1's pickup animation when picked up off the ground.
- Also, when the CM901 is attached with an underbarrel shotgun, the empty reload "cocking" sound is silent.
- Although, when switching to the CM901 w/shotgun a cocking sound can be heard for no reason.
- Its Create-A-Class icon shows the iron sights folded down.
- The CM901's rear sight is sighted for 500 yards.