An administrator, or sysop (system operator), is a user who has been appointed with extra editing powers for maintenance-based tasks. Another way to think of an administrator is as a janitor, as they help keep the wiki a clean and better place by deleting/restoring pages, protecting pages, blocking users/IP editors, editing MediaWiki pages, viewing deleted archives and closing community discussions. Bureaucrats also have the ability to give other users rollback, custodian, administrative, or bureaucratic rights, the latter two after a community consensus.
Administrators still have to abide by wiki policies, and their input in discussions do not carry any extra weight on the account of being one. If an administrator abuses or misuses his/her rights, they can be removed after a community discussion or immediately by a bureaucrat, depending on the situation.
To see a full list of what an administrator can do, see this list.
List of administrators
Below is an alphabetical list of all of the users who currently have administrative powers. If this list is not up to date, check Special:Listusers/sysop.
- Bovell - (talk · contribs)
- Callofduty4 - (talk · contribs) (also a VSTF member)
- Chiafriend12 - (talk · contribs)
- Crazy sam10 - (talk · contribs)
- Sactage - (talk · contribs) (also a VSTF member)
- WHISKEY35 - (talk · contribs)
- Argorrath - (talk · contribs)
- Conqueror of all Zombies - (talk · contribs)
- Cpl.Bohater - (talk · contribs) (also a VSTF member)
- Damac1214 - (talk · contribs)
- KATANAGOD - (talk · contribs) (also a VSTF member)
- MLGisNot4Me - (talk · contribs)
- N7 - (talk · contribs)
- Raven's wing - (talk · contribs)
- Doc.Richtofen - (talk · contribs)
- Drkdragonz66 - (talk · contribs)
- Joe Copp - (talk · contribs)
- Madnessfan34537 - (talk · contribs)
- Poketape - (talk · contribs)
- Smuff - (talk · contribs)
Administrators with checkuser rights can check another user's IP address to prevent sockpuppetry and vandalism. This tool is only to be used in the given scenarios.
Administrators with revision delete rights can hide an edit revision's changes and hide summaries from public view. All administrators can view these changes and summaries. This tool is only to be used when the changes contain personal material (such as a home address or a phone number), extremely explicit or offensive material, or illegal content (including leaked content).
- Creepydude - Last edit: May 26, 2010
- Pw3djoe (founder) - Last edit: June 21, 2010
- SaintofLosAngelesXD(m) - Last edit: December 1, 2010
- Son of the Witch-King - Last edit: June 20, 2010
- Darkman 4 - Last edit: May 7, 2012
- Carbonite 0 - Last edit: July 27, 2012
- Cpl. Dunn - Last edit: May 26, 2012
- EightOhEight - Last edit: February 21, 2011
- Eltomo85 - Last edit: June 30, 2012
- Griever0311 - Last edit: November 17, 2010
- Icepacks - Last edit: April 9, 2012
- Imrlybord7 - Last edit: June 9, 2012
- Joeyaa - Last edit: January 21, 2011
- Juan Jose Rodriguez - Last edit: September 14, 2011
- Redskin-26 - Last edit: October 17 2012
- StB - Last edit: June 11, 2012
- Ukimies - Last edit: April 23, 2012
- WouldYouKindly - Last edit: June 23, 2011
User hilite allows quick color-coded identification of sysops, bureaucrats, VSTF, Helpers and Wikia Staff on this Wiki.
Becoming an administrator
To become an administrator or bureaucrat, one has to successfully go through a request for adminship/bureaucratship. Administrators are usually community members who are known and respected by the community, so it is a good idea to give the community a good impression.