Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Call of Duty: Heroes|
|Released||November 26, 2014|
|Genre(s)||Real Time Strategy|
Call of Duty: Heroes is a free-to-play mobile real time strategy game published by Activision and developed by Faceroll Games. The beta was launched on 14th August 2014. It was under an exclusive beta launch for iOS users specifically from New Zealand and Australia along with a worldwide release for Windows 8 tablets. The full version was released on November 26th, 2014. The game lets players build, customize and strengthen their bases for epic battles. It also allows the players to train and experience commanding an army of legendary heroes, elite soldiers, and devastating drones from the Call of Duty franchise.
Call of Duty Heroes Game DescriptionEdit
"Experience the excitement of Call of Duty® like never before. Command an army of legendary heroes, elite soldiers, and devastating drones straight from the Call of Duty franchise in this 3D combat strategy game. Customize your base and train elite forces to dominate your enemies in fierce battles featuring fully controllable heroes and epic Killstreaks, like the first-person chopper gunner. Take command of a small outpost and build it up into an impenetrable base. Then go on the offensive, launching attacks against your enemies. Take direct control of heroes such as Price, Soap, and Harper, wreaking havoc with game-changing Killstreaks. Create deadly alliances with your friends, competing for in-game rewards."
Gameplay differs greatly from previous games due to it being a real time strategy game rather than a first-person shooter. The player takes control of an army of soldiers, called Units, and can also call in Heroes to help, to destroy enemy bases. While Heroes can be controlled to an extent in that they can be moved, Units can't be controlled, except for the fact that the player can choose where to place their units. Also, Heroes get their own "Killstreaks" to use, such as the Predator Missile, Chopper Gunner, and EMP.
Players also must build up their own base with defenses and structures so that it is protected from intruders. Gold and Oil are used to buy these things, as well as other things like a "shield" to protect the player's base for a certain amount of time, usually for a number of days. At the start of playing, the player automatically recieves a shield for their base for free for several hours. However, shields expire automatically if a player plays a PvP match.
- Take control of and level up iconic heroes from the Call of Duty franchise, including Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and more. Each hero has their own progression system and unique Killstreaks.
- Train and specialize the player's army using units directly from Call of Duty, such as Juggernauts, Dragonfire Drones, and CLAWs.
- Unleash Killstreaks such as the Drone Strike, UAVs, Care Packages, and Chopper Gunner to devastate opponents.
- Build and upgrade the player's base into a fortress with Sentry Guns, Guardians, SAM Turrets , Howitzers, Mines, and over 30 other upgradable structures.
- Team up with the player's friends to form alliances, donate troops, and dominate enemies.
The player is given rewards of gold, oil, XP, Skill Points, and Celerium. If the player retrieves their rewards on a daily basis, it will increase. The second day will contain 10% more, the third day 30% more, the fourth 60% more, and the fifth 70% more. It will reset if the player fails to retrieve at least the first reward.
The rewards for day one are 30000 gold, 30000 oil, 20 XP, 18 skill points, and 4 celerium. There is a wait period to retrieve the items, with in order being five minutes, ten minutes, half an hour, and one hour.
Players use "units" to attack the other bases. There are regular units, and then there are "Heroes". Regular units must be produced at the player's base before starting a match, but "Heroes" are brought in in the middle of a battle, and have special abilities.
The game features a campaign mode in which the player can attack A.I. bases.
The campaigns are as follows:
- South America
- Middle East
- North Europe
- South Asia
Each Campaign features several levels titled "Mission 1", "Mission 2", "Mission 3" etc.
PvP is the multiplayer mode in the game where the player attacks other player's bases. There are two types of battles: Defensive Battles and Offensive Battles. Defensive Battles take place at the player's base. It is when other players attack the player's base. Offensive Battles occur when the player attacks another player's base. After the offensive attack, players can go to their log to see who they raided. If damage (buildings and defenses destroyed) is less than a certain percentage, the attacker loses. This is also applicable to Campaign. Every time the player wins, the player will gain Reputation Points. If they lose a defensive or offensive battle, they can lose Reputation Points. If the player loses a defensive battle, he/she will gain a shield (the shield lasts longer if the base is heavily damaged).
Stars are earned based on the level of damage dealt and which facilities are destroyed, the number of stars the player earns affects League Points, Hero XP and Reputation Earned. Stars are earned by:
- Destroying the Enemy Command Center
- Taking 60% of the Enemy Resources
- Dealing 100% Damage to the base.
Each star earned will give 1 League Point, which in turn can yield the player larger rewards, split in six leagues, Green, Red, Blue, Purple, Gold and Master. The rewards are as follows:
- Green League provides base level rewards of Gold and Oil
- Red league provides higher levels of resources than green along with 4, 5 or 6 Medals every day, dependant on which tier of the division they are in.
- Blue League provides Even higher level of Gold, Oil and Medals as well as diamonds. 300 for Blue League I, 450 for II and 600 for III.
- Purple League provides Higher levels of Gold, Oil, Medals, and Diamonds.
- Gold Division provides the highest amount of resources of the Tiered leagues.
- Master Division only has one tier, but provides massive amounts of Gold, Oil, Medals, Diamonds and Skill points
Survival Mode also appears in Call of Duty: Heroes. It is unlocked at Command Center level 4. In this mode, the player tests their base against various waves of troops, drones and machines, while winning prizes in the process. The prizes reset after a month. Every fifth wave (5, 10, 15, etc.), an A.I. Hero will spawn. Upon defeating all hostiles and the Hero, the player will earn a medal along with the usual rewards.
- At round 16 - RPG Troopers begin to spawn.
- At round 26 - A.G.Rs begin to spawn.
- During December 2014, all maps were changed to be covered in snow and the icon for the game was changed to feature a pile of snow with candy canes in it. The 23rd March update reverted this back to dirt ground.
- Also, Santa Claus could sometimes be seen riding in his sleigh in the sky.
- A similar act was done in December 2015. A player's base could be found with Christmas trees, presents, stockings, reindeer, and snowmen. In addition, the Landing Zone had the helicopter replaced with Santa. Supply drops were given a wrapped present attire.
- Official Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/CODHeroesFacebook
- Official Forums: http://bit.ly/CODHeroes_Forums
- App Download: https://www.callofduty.com/heroes
- Wikia: http://bit.ly/CODHeroesWiki
- Reddit: http://bit.ly/CODHeroesReddit
- YouTube: http://bit.ly/CODHeroesYouTube