2. July 2010 - December 2011
3. January 2012 - June 2012
4. July 2012 - July 2013
5. August 2013 - August 2014
6. September 2014 - December 2016
7. January 2017 -
This page is the place to nominate new Users of the Month, as well as a list of users who have won it.
Rules of Nomination
- User must have made a significant contribution to the wiki within the month, such as adding lots of new content.
- User must not have been blocked or banned from chat within the last two months.
- Lag bans from chat do not qualify.
- User should be mature and responsible in their interactions with other users.
- Users cannot nominate nor vote for themselves for this position.
- If a user has majorly breached a policy within the month of their nomination, their nomination will be marked as invalid. It is up to an administrator to decide if the policy breach is serious enough to warrant such action.
- A re-nominated user must have not won their last award within the last four months.
User of the Month elections are to be conducted as follows:
- Nominator will make the nomination as detailed above.
- There are two positions to vote for: someone who has not won the award yet, and someone who has.
- Users cannot vote oppose (however, comments about nominee's suitability for the award, positive or negative, can be made).
- Votes will be cast below the nominated of the user's choice.
- Comments are optional
- Use numbered lists.
- Sign your posts.
- Do not vote for more than one user in one section, and consider your vote carefully. If you wish to change your vote, you can
strikethroughyour current vote and make a new vote.
- You may vote once in the "new nomination" section and once in the "renomination" section. This was implemented to stop renominees getting preferential treatment.
You can see an ideal example of the nominations here.
List of users who have won
To nominate a user, list their username and give a somewhat detailed description of why you feel that said user deserves to be the User of the Month. There are only supporting votes, and each month voters can only support one user per voting section. Users who are up for nomination cannot vote for themselves. If a user wishes to change their vote, they must
strikethrough their current vote before adding their support to the other nominee in the same section. Nominations can only be added from the 19th to the 23rd of the month. Any nominations added outside of this period will be invalidated. In the event that there are no nominations by the 23rd, the nomination period will be extended until there is one. Voting ends on the first of the next month. The nominee with the most votes within their section will be declared the User of the Month, or Renominated User of the Month, for the month that just ended. Keep in mind that the user who get the most votes in the nominations and the one who does in the renominations both get their award, regardless of whether one had more votes than the other or not. Please note that users should only be nominated for what they have done within the past month. Just because a user is valuable to the wiki and has yet to be recognized as a User of the Month does not mean that they deserve to be in the running if they have not done much within the month.
In the event that there is a tie between two or more users in the same category, all of them will be named Users of the Month.
Please be reminded to not use the support/neutral/oppose templates on this page. Instead, keep your vote limited to a number sign (#) point (do not leave a space between votes, so that a fluid list can be kept, easing vote-counting).
Please place nominations in this section.
To put it simply, Aawong has done a tremendous amount of work since the release of WWII. Everything has been related to the new game (from what I can tell), and he's been fantastically consistent with all his edits. A quick look at his user profile shows he's created 20-30 pages this month alone. Overall, I feel he is a worthy UotM.
- As nominator. Capt. MillerTalk 08:10, November 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. One could argue that the nomination is invalid since I gave him a short block last month for failing to license his images. But I'd make an exception to this, since he quickly learned his lesson and has been following the correct procedure after that (it was just a 2-hour ban anyway), and most importantly, he's made a really excellent amount of work this month in terms of content, images and page creations for WWII. 11:58, November 19, 2017 (UTC)
- Hold the fuck on. If we bend the rules for someone, Why the fuck should we keep the rule? 18:51, November 19, 2017 (UTC)