- "Remote camera view that is toggled on and off with "equipment" button."
- — Create-a-Class 2.0 description
|Cost (Black Ops)|
Call of Duty: Black OpsEdit
The Camera Spike allows the player to see anything in front of it using thermal imaging in a box at the top left corner of the player's HUD, replacing the mini-map. To the contrary of what has been shown in gameplay footage, the mini map is not permanently replaced by the camera feed and can be toggled by pressing the equipment button. The area that the camera covers is dictated by the player's facing (both horizontal and vertical) when it is placed. The camera spike can be destroyed by melee or bullets. If the player is dissatisfied with the placement of the Camera Spike, it can be picked up and replaced somewhere else, and unlike turrets, is simply placed back into the player's inventory.
- Players using the Ghost Pro perk will be undetected by the Camera Spike.
- Players can hack enemy's Camera Spikes and to use it for themselves through hacking it using the Hacker Pro Perk, but if hacked the player cannot choose to turn it off unless the camera is destroyed.
- In the first reveal trailer the Camera Spike was taller than it currently is. This change was most likely made to reduce exposure.
- To position the Camera Spike in a certain Y-axis direction, the player must simply look up or down according to where they want the camera to point.
- The Camera Spike, unfortunately, is not available in the Wii version, mostly due to RAM limitations.
- On the side of the box near the bottom of the camera, the word 'KampTek' is written.
- The Camera Spike's camera resembles the one on top of the Sentry Gun.
- While holding the Camera Spike, the player will sprint faster.
- If an enemy calls in Attack Dogs , the dogs will be undetected by the camera spike.