Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The player and his fellow comrades in training.
|Game||Call of Duty|
Call of Duty: Classic
|Team||101st Airborne Division, United States Army|
|Place||Camp Toccoa, Georgia, United States|
|Date||August 10, 1942, 0900 hrs|
- "...and what makes the brass nervous makes us drill even harder."
- — Pvt. Martin's journal
"Camp Toccoa" is the first level in Call of Duty and Call of Duty Classic. It is also the first level of the Call of Duty Series. It serves as a friendly tutorial map that teaches the player how to maneuver and fire in-game.
Getting Started Edit
The player will start in a field where Pvt. Martin must look at signs that contain gameplay tips. They are modeled after WWII era posters. Once these are looked at, Cpt. Foley gives Martin a breakdown of the compass, explaining that objectives are marked with a star. Once that is complete, the player must run through an obstacle course to learn how to duck, go prone, and climb ladders. After completing the course, Foley instructs the player to go to weapons training which is taught by Sgt. Moody.
Weapons Training Edit
At weapons training, Moody will teach Martin about firing and the advantage of aiming down the sights with a M1 Carbine, Springfield, and Thompson. He'll then learn how to effectively use grenades by throwing them through certain holes in a damaged house. After that, Martin learns about the various medkits and learns how to use an explosive by placing it on a ruined wall.
After finishing the explosive part, the player can either go back and improve on their marksmanship or finish the level.
|Seen but not Obtainable|
- Main article: Camp Toccoa/Transcript
- Firing any weapon near Sgt. Moody when he is in the observation tower, regardless if the player hits him or not, will cause the player to fail the mission.
- When Captain Foley orders only the Privates to run the obstacle course, it is possible to find a Corporal, a Sergeant, or even a Lieutenant in the group due to the method by which soldiers are randomly generated.
- The player cannot climb the ladder to the tower that Sgt. Moody is in. In addition, if the player looks up the ladder on the tower with Sgt. Moody in it, there is no opening or trapdoor.
- In the crawling zone there is a sign that reads: "Here lies Pvt. Bell he didn't keep his head down!".