|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Carpenter (Reconstruction in the DS version) is a power-up introduced on the Zombies map Der Riese, in Call of Duty: World at War. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is found in all maps except Dead Ops Arcade. It appears in all maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II except Nuketown Zombies, Mob of the Dead and Origins. When collected, the Demonic Announcer will say "Carpenter" and it will completely board up all of the windows on the map. Carpenter also awards a 200 point bonus to all players (that are not downed) when it has finished boarding the windows. It is symbolized by a floating hammer. It is very useful if players are being chased by large groups of zombies and do not have time to repair barriers, or if the zombies are breaching the map from multiple sides and players need to reload, revive a teammate, kill the zombies already inside, or make an escape, as it will stall any zombies on the outside for a fair amount of time that can be used to do any of the aforementioned actions, or to kill them before they get in.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the point bonus awarded by Carpenter is affected by Double Points.
- Carpenter does not instantly board up the windows. It appears to work similarly to the Nuke in that windows closer to the power-up will be affected first, with the effect traveling outward.
- If it is grabbed when a zombie is crawling through a window, the zombie will instantly die as soon as they step out of the window.
- In the Call of Duty: Black Ops versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt, and Shi No Numa, the Carpenter power up can be obtained, despite not being there in the Call of Duty: World at War versions.
- In the iPod/iPhone version, when you get a Carpenter, all the boards are repaired seconds after getting one.
- Carpenter will never spawn until at least one door on the map is opened.
- In the DS maps, the Reconstruction bonus will repair the windows much faster and will give 10 points per each board repaired.
- Carpenter is not available in Nuketown Zombies, as there are no barricades to repair.
- Carpenter is also not available in Mob of the Dead even though there are barricades, because most of these barricades are not orginally built from the start of the game besides those in the starting room. This is probably due to some of the baricades being removed thanks to the data limit.
- Carpenter is not available in Origins, possibly because Origins is based before Carpenter was introduced, (this could explain why it does not appear in Mob of the Dead either). However, there is a quote for the Demonic Announcer in the map files, indicating that it was going to appear at one point.