|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Nintendo DS)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- "This must work through telekinesis."
- — Edward Richtofen
- — Demonic Announcer
Carpenter (Reconstruction in the DS version) is a power-up introduced on the Zombies map Der Riese, in Call of Duty: World at War. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is found in all maps except Dead Ops Arcade. It appears in all maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II except Nuketown Zombies, Mob of the Dead and Origins. When collected, the Demonic Announcer will say "Carpenter" and it will completely board up all of the windows on the map. It works similarly to the Nuke in that windows closer to the power-up will be affected first, with the effect travelling outward. Carpenter also awards a 200 point bonus to all players (that are not downed) when it has finished boarding the windows. It is symbolised by a floating hammer or a hammer and nails in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It is very useful if players are being chased by large groups of zombies and do not have time to repair barriers, or if the zombies are breaching the map from multiple sides and players need to reload, revive a teammate, kill the zombies already inside, or make an escape, as it will stall any zombies on the outside for a fair amount of time that can be used to do any of the aforementioned actions, or to kill them before they get in.
The player can get a Persistent Upgrade to increase the strength of the boards.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, the point bonus awarded by Carpenter is affected by Double Points, awarding the player 400 points.
- If it is grabbed when a zombie is crawling through a window, the zombie will instantly die as soon as they step out of the window.
- In the Call of Duty: Black Ops versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt, and Shi No Numa, the Carpenter power up can be obtained, despite not being there in the Call of Duty: World at War versions.
- In the iPod/iPhone version, when the player recieves a Carpenter power-up, all the boards are repaired seconds after getting it.
- Carpenter will never spawn until at least one door on the map is opened.
- In the DS maps, the Reconstruction bonus will repair the windows much faster and will give 10 points per each board repaired.