|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- "This must work through telekinesis."
- — Edward Richtofen
Carpenter (Reconstruction in the DS version) is a power-up found on the Zombie map Der Riese, in Call of Duty: World at War. In Call of Duty: Black Ops, it is found in all maps except Dead Ops Arcade. It appears in all maps in Call of Duty: Black Ops II except Nuketown Zombies and Mob of the Dead. When collected, the Demonic Announcer will say "Carpenter" and it will completely board up all of the windows on the map. Carpenter also awards a 200 point bonus to all players (that are not downed) when it has finished boarding the windows. It is symbolized by a floating hammer. It is very useful if players are being chased by large groups of zombies and do not have time to repair barriers, or if the zombies are breaching the map from multiple sides and players need to reload, revive a teammate, kill the zombies already inside, or make an escape, as it will stall any zombies on the outside for a fair amount of time that can be used to do any of the aforementioned actions, or to kill them before they get in.
- In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the point bonus awarded by Carpenter is affected by Double Points.
- Carpenter does not instantly board up the windows. It appears to work similarly to the Nuke in that windows closer to the power-up will be affected first, with the effect traveling outward.
- If it is grabbed when a zombie is crawling through a window, the zombie will instantly die as soon as they step out of the window.
- In the Call of Duty: Black Ops versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa, the Carpenter power up can be obtained, despite not being there in the Call of Duty: World at War versions.
- In the iPod/iPhone version, when you get a Carpenter, all the boards are repaired seconds after getting one.
- Carpenter will never spawn until at least one door on the map is opened.
- In the DS maps, the carpenter bonus will repair the windows much faster and will give 10 points per each board repaired.
- Carpenter returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops II with the same effects from Black Ops. The only thing that changes is the fact that Carpenter also repairs the bus' windows in TranZit.
- Carpenter is not available in Nuketown Zombies, as there are no barricades to repair.
- Oddly, Carpenter is also not available in Mob of the Dead even though there are barriers.