- "No... You killed a double... You think we didn't know of your plan? "
- — Fidel Castro
Castro's Double (left) and Castro's Mistress (right).
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
|Killed By||Alex Mason|
|Death||April 17th, 1961 (Operation 40)|
Castro's Double was a body-double of Fidel Castro, and appeared in the mission Operation 40 in Call of Duty: Black Ops. When cornered by Frank Woods and Alex Mason, the double tried to use his mistress as a human shield, and was shot and killed by Mason. At the end of the mission, it was revealed that the double had been put in the real Castro's place because he had been expecting the assassination attempt.
- If the player puts the cross-hairs over his corpse after he dies, it will still be red, as if he was still alive.
- The player will receive an achievement/trophy called Death to Dictators for killing him with a headshot.
- If killed by a headshot, there is a slow-mo scene in which the player watches the bullet travel from their pistol all the way to the double, after which blood and brain matter sprays out with a spattering noise onto the surrounding scenery and Castro's mistress.
- Whether or not the player still has their ASP, they will receive one to assassinate Castro's Double; however after the assassination is over the player will not be able to use the ASP anymore if they exchanged it earlier in the mission.
- In the PC version, before entering with Woods to his room, do a noclip cheat and the player will see that Castro`s double is holding the ASP like a rifle.