- "Welcome to Colossus, city of dreams."
- — Colossus' Public Address system
A view of Colossus' terminal.
|Games||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Country||United Kingdom (British-occupied)|
|Occupants||JSOC, Cordis Die, Mercs|
|Leaders||David "Section" Mason, Raul Menendez, DeFalco|
|Engagements||Second Cold War (2025)|
Colossus is a floating island resort featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The floating islands set the scenes for the events of 'Karma', the sixth mission of the Black Ops II campaign. Colossus also hosts the multiplayer map, Plaza. In the storyline, David "Section" Mason, Mike Harper and Javier Salazar investigate the islands It is also rumored that Raul Menendez has invested in the Colossus islands as they have to extract a high value individual (HVI), interrogate and then kill her.
Colossus is a luxury resort, with elaborate pools, rooms, shopping venues, and clubs, one of which is Club Solar. It appears in the mission "Karma," and is located near the Cayman Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean. The city is held up by a large metal hull, explaining why it is referred to as the "Floating City." The Colossus can move from place to place with its multiple thrusters and turbines. According to Salazar, the resort is considered to be the richest city in the world and how the richest 1% of the world lives.
The resort also is relatively well-guarded, with a full armory and security detail, along with A.S.D.'s for support in case of a terrorist attack. Menendez's terrorists were able to get through security because the A.S.D.'s will consider any armed personel as hostile, including the security guards.
Colossus was severely damaged during the mission "Karma" by both sides, but was not destroyed.
- The logo for the Solar nightclub featured within the mission Karma bears a remarkable resemblance to the Treyarch logo. The island itself bears a resemblance as well. This can be best seen on the picture of the Colossus on the mission select screen.
- "Colossus" means "Gigantic Statue" in Latin.
- Colossus was originally supposed to be called "Al Jinan," but the name was later revised by Treyarch. However, the writing "Al Jinan" can be seen on a plane landing on Colossus.
- There are several sailboats in the water to the far north east of the city that the player can see as Harper, Salazar, and David are going down the elevator. The boats are probably lifted onto the city when it starts to move.