|Leader(s)||Assistant Director George Barkley|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (mentioned only)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
|Country||United States of America|
|Level||Black Ops: Dead Ops Arcade, and shown on Main Menu TV screens.|
Black Ops II: Town, Farm, Bus Depot, Diner, Nuketown Zombies, Borough
Advanced Warfare: Aftermath (heard only)
- "We must all do whatever it takes to ensure our future as a species."
- — CDC Director George Barkley.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) are a faction in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies game modes Survival, Grief and Turned. One of the agents is playable in Call of Duty: Black Ops's Dead Ops Arcade. They also are mentioned in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. The faction is run by the US Government. In Grief, they oppose the CIA (also run by the US Government) and try to outlive them. The CDC wear bright yellow hazmat suits and gas masks. Their first-person-hand models are identical to Hudson's hand model from Rebirth Island, with black gloves and yellow sleeves, as well as Edward Richtofen's first-person-hand model.
In the Zombies mode of Call of Duty: Black Ops II there are no heard quotes or communication between the four operatives. It is mentioned later in the campaign of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare during the cutscene of the mission "Aftermath", the CDC orders an evacuation of all non-essential personnel within a five mile radius of downtown Detroit.
In Black Ops II, according to former assistant director George Barkley, his facility in Virginia was destroyed following the destruction of Earth. However, it was still able to operate for a short time after the missiles hit, and discovered that Element 115 was contaminating the air and atmosphere. As such, after presumably escaping the ruins with a group of CDC personnel, Barkley was forced to euthanise fourteen members of his own team, as they displayed symptoms of the infection.
- The Nuketown Zombies trailer depicts four CDC operatives fighting the zombie horde, interestingly, they are heard speaking, unlike the actual map, where they are silent unless the knife attack is used. Furthermore, the four operatives are seen with different voices, as if they were meant to speak, but it was cut out. Also, the trailer does not depict the CIA agents that are also present in the map.
- Like the CIA, the CDC will sometimes hiccup instead of burping when drinking Perk-a-Cola.
- ↑ "Prior to the destruction of our headquarters, our research found evidence that contaminates are now infecting the very air we breathe." Element 115 spread worldwide following Richtofen's Grand Scheme.