The CIA emblem in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
|Leader(s)||The United States Government|
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops|
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
|Country||United States of America|
|Type||Multi-role intelligence agency|
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, the CIA's paramilitary branch (Special Activities Division) along with MACV-SOG are the main protagonists of the game. For the majority of the game, players play as agent Alex Mason. Special agent Jason Hudson is also featured as a playable character for 3 missions.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, the player takes control of Alex Mason and Frank Woods, carrying out several missions given by Jason Hudson. An unnamed CIA operative is also featured in the final mission, where he takes down Jose Luiz Menendez, Raul Menendez's father.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the CIA return mainly in the 1980's section of the game, with Alex Mason and Frank Woods as playable characters. In 2025, only two known CIA operatives appear: Farid, who works undercover as a mole within Cordis Die, and a CIA Nerd who worked on cracking the Celerium device for JSOC (if the player fails to rescue Chloe "Karma" Lynch). The nerd also makes an appearance in the final ending if Chloe does not survive either in the missions "Karma", "Second Chance" or "Odysseus", where he fails to stop Menendez's virus from spreading, leading to his escape from captivity.
1961 - 1989Edit
- Alex Mason (K.I.A./Retired, Player-determined)
- Frank Woods (Retired/Deceased, Player-determined)
- Joseph Bowman (K.I.A.)
- Jason Hudson (K.I.A.)
- Mark McKnight
- Grigori Weaver
- Terrance Brooks
- Bruce Harris (K.I.A.)
- Fulsang (K.I.A.)
- Ryan Jackson
2060s - 2070Edit
- The Player (K.I.A.)
- John Taylor
- Sebastian Diaz (K.I.A.)
- Peter Maretti (K.I.A.)
- Jacob Hendricks (K.I.A.)
- Sarah Hall (K.I.A.)
- Rachel Kane (K.I.A.)
Cold War (1961-1989)Edit
- Operation 40: The Op 40 was sent to kill Fidel Castro.
- Executive Order: Eliminate the Soviet Ascension Group, destroy Soyuz 2 and kill Nikita Dragovich.
- Numbers: Interrogate Dr. Daniel Clarke in Kowloon City.
- WMD: Find the Nova 6 facilities.
- Rebirth: Extract Dr. Freidrich Steiner from Rebirth Island.
- Redemption: Stop Nova 6.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Rescue Frank Woods.
- Old Wounds: Gather intel on Menendez Cartel.
- Time and Fate: Secure Raul Menendez.
- Suffer With Me: Capture Manuel Noriega.
- Unknown: Assassination of Jose Luiz Menendez.
- Achilles' Veil: Farid works undercover in Raul Menendez's terrorist group Cordis Die to gain his trust.
1961 - 1989
- Valkyrie Rockets
- AK-47 (only disguised in "Executive Order")
- Barrett M82A1
- Browning HP
- FIM-92 Stinger
- Colt M16A1