Cheats are unlockable options available that will either make a game easier, harder, or add a humorous aspect to it. Cheats are available in Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Call of Duty: World at War.
There are two types of cheats. One type is unlocked by collecting intel (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) or Death Cards (Call of Duty: World at War) to unlock something special like unlimited ammo. The second type is executed by activating the Command Console. This can only be done on the PC versions of the games by modifying a file and then pressing the tilde key. This can unlock cheats like invincibility and noclip mode. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, no cheats at all can be used from the default game, but however, through a complex process, the player can activate a hotkey for cheats.
Call of Duty Cheats
To unlock cheats, create a shortcut to the CoDSP.exe file located in the Call of Duty program files. Right click on the shortcut and go to Properties. Go to where it says Target and add the following onto the end of the existing link: +set thereisacow 1337 +set developer 1 +set sv_cheats 1 +set monkeytoy 0
If implemented correctly, the target name should be: C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDSP.exe +set thereisacow 1337 +set developer 1 +set sv_cheats 1 +set monkeytoy 0
In the game, pressing tilde (~) will bring up the command console, into which a number of cheats may be activated.
- ufo: Allows the player to fly by going up with the jump button and going down with the crouch button.
- toggle cg_draw2d: Turns off the HUD
- notarget: Invisibility (enemies do not target the player).
- god: Invincibility
- kill: Kills the player
- toggle cg_drawgun: Remove or display the player's weapon.
- toggle cg_thirdperson: Puts camera in a third person view. The player is usually invisible.
- toggle r_fastsky: Removes clouds and makes the sky lighter.
- map_restart: Restarts the level.
- noclip: Walk through walls
- /set g_gravity <number>: Replace <number> with a number between 1-9999. The lower the number, the less gravity there is.
- /set g_speed <number>: Replace <number> with a number between 1-9999. The higher the number, the faster the player moves.
- give: May be paired with a number of commands after it (for example, give ammo). A list of possible give commands are listed below.
- give ammo: Gives the player 10 grenades and 1 Panzerfaust. May not work on all levels or even crash the game.
- give all: Gives the player all weapons with full ammo, as well as full health.
- give <weaponname>: Possible weapon names include bar, bren, colt, fg42, kar98k, enfield, luger, m1garand, m1carbine, mosin_nagant, mp40, mp44, ppsh, kar98k_sniper, mosin_nagant_sniper, springfield, sten, thompson.
- map: Starts a campaign level. Enter the name of the campaign level in all lowercase, without spaces or capitalization to play that level.
Call of Duty: Finest Hour Cheats
- Complete the game on Easy.
- Big Heads - NPCs have bigger heads.
- Head Shots - Only headshots kill enemies.
- Ricochet - Machine gun bullets ricochet.
- Ricochet (All) - All guns except rockets ricochet.
- Complete the game on Medium.
- Dead Eye - One shot kills enemies.
- Shrink Shot - Enemies shrink when shot.
- Complete the game on Hard.
- Big n Small
Call of Duty: Roads To Victory Cheats
There are 3 cheats in this game, which is: Unlimited Ammo, Unlimited Grenades, and Unlimited Health. Unlimited Ammo can be unlocked by finishing the campaign through any difficulty. Unlimited Grenades can be unlocked by getting awarded in all of the campaign with a Silver Star on any difficulty. Unlimited Health can only be unlocked by getting awarded in nearly all of the campaign with a Gold Star on any difficulty.
Call of Duty 3 Cheats
Select Campaign mode, and Chapter Select. Starting at Chapter 1, (Saint Lo) hold +, and while holding it, control stick right, control stick right, control stick left, control stick left, 2, 2. This unlocks ALL campaign levels, and ALL bonus material. On Ps3 this cheat will work as well "Hold Select and enter RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, LEFT, SQUARE, SQUARE at the chapter selection screen".
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Cheats
- Main article: Intel
(Cheats only available for use in Campaign and only after the player finishes the campaign.)
- Collect 2 pieces of enemy intel.
CoD Noir: All color turns black and white.
- Collect 4 pieces of enemy intel.
Photo-Negative: All color is inverted.
- Collect 6 pieces of enemy intel.
Super Contrast: Drastically increases the game's contrast.
- Collect 8 pieces of enemy intel.
Ragtime Warfare: All color is faded and yellowed, dust and scratches fill the screen, gameplay occurs at double speed, and piano music plays over any other sound in the game - as though playing in a silent movie.
Paintball Mode (Wii only): All weapons fire paintballs instead of bullets, and all weapons sound like Paintball guns and have exactly the same firing sound. This has no effect on the weapon's performance, as it is purely for visual and sound effect.
- Collect 10 pieces of enemy intel.
Cluster Bombs: After a fragmentation Grenade explodes, four more spawn and explode. This only affects the player's grenades, including enemy grenades which have been thrown back. This does not affect the Player's Special grenades, like Smoke and Flashbangs.
- Collect 15 pieces of enemy intel.
A Bad Year: Dead enemies turn into tires. In the Wii version only a headshot produces this result. However, dead enemies will not drop Grenade Bags.
- Collect 20 pieces of enemy intel.
Slow-Mo Ability: When the melee button is pressed, the game slows down to half-speed and it replaces the player's ability to knife as well.
- Collect 30 pieces of enemy intel.
Call of Duty: World at War
- Main article: Death Card
(Cheats are only available for use in Co-op Campaign. This does not include Nazi Zombies.)
Mission: "Semper Fi" (Eight of Hearts)
Effect: Headshots cause enemies to explode.
Location: At the very beginning after leaving the shack, the player will see another shack to the right. The card is inside.
- Hard Headed
Mission: "Little Resistance" (Four of Clubs)
Effect: Enemies take less bullet damage.
Location: At the end of the mission before going into the last building, look to the right. The card is in a corner of bushes.
- Suicide King
Mission: "Hard Landing" (King of Hearts)
Effect: Shoot explosive pistol rounds when downed.
Location: About halfway through the mission the player will see a big building with a mini-trench outside. Enter the building, and go into the lower level. The card is to the right when the player goes into the room with the stairs.
- Cold Dead Hands
Mission: "Vendetta" (Five of Diamonds)
Effect: Enemies take their weapons with them to the grave.
Location: Before the sniper section at the first part of the mission, Reznov will lead the player through a building. Follow the bar around to the end to find the card.
- Sticks and Stones
Mission: "Their Land, Their Blood" (Joker)
Effect: The player's weapon arsenal consists of a knife and rocks.
Location: Destroy the tanks, and go through the barn. Search the stalls to the right to find the card.
Mission: "Burn 'em Out" (Queen of Hearts)
Effect: Can only recharge the player's health by getting kills.
Location: Just before the second mortar position is a bunker to the left. The card is inside.
- Flack Jacket
Mission: "Relentless" (Nine of Diamonds)
Effect: Enemies take less explosive damage.
Location: At the end of the mission, take either the left or right path. Eventually the paths will reconnect. The card is about halfway down the path.
- Body Armor
Mission: "Ring of Steel" (Jack of Spades)
Effect: Enemies die by headshots only.
Location: Enter the asylum, then immediately go to the left. The card is in the far bottom left corner.
- Undead Soldier
Mission: "Eviction" (Ace of Spades)
Effect: Enemies come back from the dead.
Location: During the first half of the mission, just after the kitchen area, the player will eventually see a room to the right that has a large hole in it. Drop down to find the card. Trivia: The undead enemies are similar to the zombies in the Nazi Zombies bonus game.
Mission: "Blowtorch and Corkscrew" (Ten of Clubs)
Effect: Shoot downed co-op teammates to revive them when downed.
Location: Go to the left as the player moves toward the second bunker. A Japanese soldier hanging upside down is near the card.
Mission: "Breaking Point" (Three of Diamonds)
Effect: Get three kills in five seconds to become Berserk.
Location: Clear all four mortar pits, then go to the small shack in the south of this area. The card is inside.
Mission: "Heart of the Reich" (Six of Clubs)
Effect: Paintball guns.
Location: The card is in the closed-off subway entrance on the left side of the street at the start of the mission.
Mission: "Downfall" (Two of Spades)
Effect: Limits the player's HUD, turns on friendly fire, and bleed out in half the time.
Location: Before the player gets to the theater, some of the allies will break through a door to the right. The card is past that door.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Typing 3ARC UNLOCK into the computer console accessible after breaking out of the chair will unlock all the campaign missions even if they are unplayed, Dead Ops Arcade, and Five (doesn't work on the Wii).
Typing 3ARC INTEL into the computer will unlock all intel, but be warned, it will disable the achievement/trophy for finding them without cheating, making it impossible to get a platinum trophy on PS3.
Typing ZORK into the computer will unlock the trophy/achievement Eaten by a Grue as well as start up the text-based adventure game Zork.
Typing in DOA will unlock Dead Ops Arcade.
Typing ALICIA will start a virtual interactive therapist.
Player Mechanics Weapon Mechanics Non Playable Characters Mechanics Engine Mechanics Miscellaneous