|"It's up to you, User. It's all up to you."|
This article contains multiple options that are determined by player choice.
|Leader(s)||Raul Menendez (Leader) (K.I.A)|
DeFalco (Second-in-Command) (K.I.A.)
|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
Call of Duty: Strike Team
|Type||Social Network/Movement (Early History)|
Terrorist Organization, Anarchists
|Engagements||Second Cold War|
|Active||June 22nd, 2014 - present|
- "Come my friends. 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world."
- — Raul Menendez quoting the poem Ulysses
Cordis Die officially became active on June 22nd, 2014 as a social networking political movement. Popularity of the group spread rapidly due to the charisma of its unknown leader, known as "Odysseus", or "Ulysses". "Odysseus" in reality, is the narco-terrorist Raul Menendez.
Cordis Die's motive is publicly portrayed as an organization fighting for the globally impoverished and downtrodden, exemplified by the riots it crowd sourced in both Iran and North Korea as well as its founder, Odysseus (Raul Menendez), being proclaimed "Messiah for the 99%". Opposing economic inequality also appears to be a political motive, with Colossus, a floating paradise for the wealthy, apparently encouraging support for Cordis Die.
In actuality, Cordie Die is under the control of Raul Menendez and is used to further his goal of achieving revenge against the United States of America for inflicting numerous injuries against him, such as the deaths of his sister Josefina Menendez and father Jose Luiz Menendez.
Cordis Die possesses extensive capabilities, with two billion followers worldwide and vast material resources. Its network is particularly strong in countries affected by the Second Cold War, such as those from South America, Africa, the Middle East and South Asia. It is also known that rogue officials and agencies would ally with Cordis Die, such as the Pakistanti ISI and the head of the Strategic Defense Coalition, Tian Zhao. Its ideology also helps attract special operations members such as Javier Salazar.
Cordis Die has a large military arm within its organization capable of challenging the might of the superpowers around the world (such as China and the United States of America). This military arm recruits extensively and broadly, ranging from the hired-gun Mercs to the ideologically driven Yemeni Militia. The wealth obtained by Raul Menendez through drug and weapons trafficking has allowed Cordis Die to arm itself with a large, advanced military arsenal which utilizes unmanned weapons such as CLAWs. Cordis Die is also capable of constructing secret high-tech installations and bases around the world in places such as Myanmar and Haiti, which provide sites for constructing weapons (aided via 3D fabrication and automated manufacturing) and advanced technologies such as Optical Camouflage and the new rare earth element Celerium, which offers massive computational power.
These capabilities allow Cordis Die to engage in multiple successful major actions including crowd sourcing major riots in both Iran and North Korea in 2014 and wiping $1 trillion off of the Chinese stock market whilst successfully placing blame on the US in 2021.
- Raul Menendez (leader) (Incarcerated/K.I.A./Deceased) (player-determined)
- DeFalco (second in command/Commander) (K.I.A.)
- Javier Salazar (double-agent) (Incarcerated/K.I.A.) (player-determined)
- Farid (CIA mole) (K.I.A.)
- Erik Breighner (formerly) (deceased)
- Tian Zhao (Alive/K.I.A.) (player-determined)
- Chloe "Karma" Lynch (Alive/K.I.A./Captive) (player-determined)
- ISI Leader
- Felix Kaplan
- In the YouTube video of a "Cordis Die" video, the user "PrisonerKAR120C" refers to Dave Anthony of Treyarch. Anthony was one of the writers of the Call of Duty: Black Ops II story along with David S. Goyer.
- "Cordis Die" translates to "The Heart Day" in Latin, an allusion to the shape of Josefina's pendant.
- There is an official YouTube channel made by Activision, where propaganda videos are found.
- The Cordis Die emblem appears on a flag in Call of Duty: Heroes as a decorative item.
The faction's first video.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqrG6hYs3jk&feature=youtu.be
- ↑ http://www.gamezone.com/products/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/news/cordis-die-youtube-channel-pops-up-following-release-of-new-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-trailer