During development of Call of Duty games many things are cut during the process of development. These changes can range from weapons and characters to entire campaign missions and features. This page is for the cut content of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare DS.
- In the game files, there is a weapon file that has M90 in it. It isn't certain what it was supposed to be for but the main guesses are that it was supposed to be the Barrett M90 or the Zastava M90.
- There are several incomplete sprites for first person views of guns, explaining why sometimes the characters hands look different while wielding different guns (most noticeable when playing as an SAS wielding an RPG in the cargo ship mission).
- There is a file for an unnamed pistol sprite.
- There are several unused gun sounds, and vehicle sounds. It seems as if there was once a mission where a vehicle was driven in, not just man the turret.
There are several unused character models and sprites, some incomplete.
- Terrorist with green turban.
- Terrorists with different faces.
- Spetsnaz soldiers.
- SAS with black balaclava with winter camo.
- Dark Brown SAS camo soldier with blue eyes.
- There is a file for a dog and a dog bite.
- There are several unused dialogues and there are game files that have sounds not used. From reading the files, there are 2 unused missions. One is named "Chechen". Now there is a "Chechen" multiplayer map, but a dialogue exists, which tells that there once was a singleplayer mission. In the game files, one can see there is a mission called "The Chechen". One is named "DIT", maybe a reference to Digital Interactive Training (explaining some sound effects,) but there is no map file for it.
- There are sounds for unused gamemodes.
- There are sounds for achievements, which were not introduced until Call of Duty: World at War (DS).