|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Nintendo DS)
Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Samantha Maxis: Alive in Agartha
Edward Richtofen: Alive (in Stuhlinger's body)/Zombified/Deceased (player-determined)
Ludvig Maxis: Alive/Deceased (player-determined)
Female (Samantha Maxis)
Male (Edward Richtofen, Ludvig Maxis)
|Level||All except Nacht der Untoten|
The Demonic Announcer is the title given to the entity that is in control of the Aether's energy, which includes Power-Ups, the Mystery Box and the zombies. The Announcer has been (and can be) at least three different individuals, including Samantha Maxis, Edward Richtofen and Ludvig Maxis.
The Demonic Announcer is heard on every Zombies map except for Dead Ops Arcade and the Call of Duty: World at War version of Nacht der Untoten. It voice seems to shift through different tones and pitch throughout the game modes.
Level appearances (by character)
- Mob of the Dead (uses Samantha's voice clips)
- Shi No Numa
- Der Riese
- Kino der Toten
- Call of the Dead
- Moon (replaced by Richtofen upon completion of Richtofen's Grand Scheme easter egg)
- Nuketown Zombies (replaced by Richtofen upon round 25)
- Moon (replaces Samantha upon completion of Richtofen's Grand Scheme easter egg)
- Nuketown Zombies (replaces Samantha upon round 25)
- Green Run
- Die Rise
- Buried (replaced by Maxis upon completion of Maxis' side of Mined Games easter egg)
- Buried (replaces Richtofen upon completion of Maxis' side of Mined Games easter egg)
Richtofen's announcer quotes in Moon
- The Demonic Announcer is not fully included in the German or Austrian versions of Black Ops. However, upon completion of the Richtofen's Grand Scheme easter egg, he appears for the rest of the playtime on Moon.
- The Demonic Announcer is only present in the revamped World at War maps in the French version of Black Ops.
- Of the four Demonic Announcers, Samantha has appeared the most at eleven levels. Following her is Richtofen at five maps, an unknown entity at four and, lastly, Maxis at only one.
- The zombies' eyes will change colour depending on who the Demonic Announcer is. Their eyes are red under the entity from Mob of the Dead, yellow/orange under Samantha and the entity in Verrückt, blue under Richtofen and orange under Maxis.
- Maxis is the only Demonic Announcer to remain silent while players pick up Power-Ups.