Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The subject matter of this article was cut from the final version of a Call of Duty game.|
|Game||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
|Character||PFC Michael Carver|
|Team||USMC - 1st BN, 7th Marines|
|Place||30 miles south of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Date||Day 6, 2011 - 15:00|
|Objective||Defend the base from opposing forces.|
"Designated Marksman" was a planned campaign mission in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. All that proves its existence is a file called "compass_map_marksman.iwi" present in the game's source files. In the mod tools, in the raw/English/localizedstrings folder, a file called "marksman.str" can be found. The string file includes information about the level, such as its location, the level name, the date, and various objectives.
From the level's planned string file, the mission would take place 30 miles south of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The player would control PFC Michael Carver of the U.S. Marines (specifically, 1st BN, 7th Marines). The mission would take place late in the game, as the date is "Day 6 - 1500 hrs". The mission would most likely take place after "Descent"; both missions take place on Day 6 and are both within a few hours of each other.
Hint strings include the following:
- Hold &&1 to plant the detpack.
Objectives include the following:
- Destroy the overpass and eliminate all hostile targets.
- Secure a drop point for the reinforcements.
- Check the ground floor of the Cafe for hostiles.
- Secure the top of the building in the construction yard.
- Destroy the enemy satellite array.
- Destroy the enemy Anti-Air units.
- Mark the overpass pillars for destruction.
- Retreat to a minimum safe distance from the overpass area.