Volsky in Stalingrad.
|Appears in||Call of Duty 2|
|Affiliations||Red Army's 13th Division|
|Status||Alive (As of 1943)|
Lieutenant Dimitri Volsky (Russian: Дмитрий Вольский) was a Red Army officer in the 13th Guards Rifle Division who fought at the Battle of Stalingrad. He was the unit leader in most of the Soviet campaign of Call of Duty 2.
He leads the team taking apartment buildings and the City Hall in Stalingrad. He also orders Private Vasili Ivanovich Koslov to open fire on a German ammunition dump to allow Soviet ground forces to plant TNT on the materials inside. Afterward, a Panzer II appears and he tells the player to get back from the windows. He orders the player to hunt down the tank but recommends one flanks it and hit it from the side. Some time after that, the player will have to get to the City Hall and secure it in "Comrade Sniper". In "Comrade Sniper", Volskey and the rest of the unit are apparently clearing the first floor while the player and another soldier clear the second. After regrouping and entering the bombed out room, a sniper kills a comrade and the rest scatter.
A comrade named Pavel distracts the sniper by putting his helmet on the barrel of his rifle and waving it. Volsky points out the sniper's position when he fires on it (there is a sniper rifle beside Pavel that the player is supposed to use). After clearing the City Hall, one must repel an assault comprising of halftracks and infantry (some of which carry MG-42s to the front which one must hit in order to stay alive). He is last seen on the level "Comrade Sniper" congratulating Vasili on repelling the German assault on the City Hall in Stalingrad at the end of the level and the Soviet Campaign.
- "Good, now wait for Pavel to get that bastard's attention."
- "Don't be a hero Vasilli! Find a way to attack the tank from the side!"
- "Well fearless comrade Vasilli, looks like our numbers didn't come up today, not yet anyways."
- "Vasili! Take Cover!"
- In the beginning levels with him commanding the squad, he is in the traditional Commissar uniform, but in "Comrade Sniper", he has a random uniform and face. Like how the American version of the Sherman tank appeared in "Operation Supercharge", this is possibly a developer mistake.
- He and Vasili Koslov appear to be good friends.