|Appears in||Call of Duty: World at War|
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- "DOUBLE POINTS!"
- — Samantha Maxis
Double Points grants every player double the amount of points they earn in almost any way (the Bonus Points power-up in certain maps and the Mystery Box teddy bear refund are the only exceptions). Its icon is an "x2". Like Insta-Kill, it lasts for only thirty seconds and vanishes with a loud, easily recognizable growling sound. A timer for 30 seconds appears next to the icon in the World at War version of the map.
Samantha or Richtofen (Moon and onwards) will say "Double Points" in every map (with the exception of the World at War version of Nacht der Untoten) when it is picked up. Players should take advantage of this and try to kill as many zombies and board up as many windows as they can before the power-up runs out. Double Points is at its best when it is picked up along with Insta-Kill, especially when there is a big group of zombies.
In Call of Duty: Black Ops, Double Points also doubles the amount of points given after a Nuke or Carpenter. However, the Double Points must be active when the points are given, not when the power-up is taken.
If the player picks up the Double Points power-up when a previous Double Points power-up is active, the 30 second timer will be reset.
- Double Points doesn't affect (Call of Duty: Black Ops only, since Double Points doesn't affect the points gained from Carpenter or Nuke in Call of Duty: World at War) the 950-point refund from the Teddy Bear when obtained from the Mystery Box and points awarded for hacking on Moon.
- If the player manages to destroy the rocket on Ascension, a Double Points will spawn under the pressure plate.
- This power-up can be seen in the trailers for Nacht der Untoten and Der Riese.
- On the iPod/iPhone version, getting a Double Points right after getting a Nuke will award 800 points.
- On the Call of Duty: World at War versions of Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt and Shi No Numa, getting a Double Points while another one is active will not only reset the duration but also grant quadruple points until it expires. A melee kill will award 520 points. In Der Riese, it only resets the duration of the power-up.