- "Nightvision scope with interlaced thermal overlay."
- — Create-A-Class description.
|Dual Band Scope|
Weapon level 10 (Sniper Rifles)
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIEdit
It acts similar to the Thermal Scope of previous games, albeit highlighting enemies in orange rather than the usual bright white from previous games. Players with Cold-Blooded will not glow orange when looked at through the Dual Band. The Dual Band is available for LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and the Crossbow. It reduces centerspeed by 10%. It can be combined with the Variable Zoom Scope. The main point in which Dual Band is favoured much more than Thermal Scope in previous installments is because of nightvision feature. It does not obscure the view as much as its thermal counterpart which blinds environmental structures even at small distances. For that reason, Dual Band is treated as an alternative to Target Finder, especially on LMGs. Dual Band gives the ability to see enemies through smoke, although with small view obstruction and reduced versatility when compared to Target Finder.
- In campaign the player can seldom find a weapon with Dual Band and Laser Sight despite the fact that this combination is impossible when customizing the loadout.
- Unlike Thermal Scope or IR Scope on Sniper Rifles, the attachment does not remove the standard scope. It is, however, added behind it.
- The yellow glow players give off when aiming down sight with the Dual Band scope is reused for the human in the Zombies gamemode Turned.
- The Dual Band appears to blend the sights of Night Vision and Thermal sighting into one.