Call of Duty: Black Ops Edit
Head: 1.4, Body: 1, Limbs: 1
30 rounds (45 with Extended Mags)
|Cost (Black Ops)|
90 + 30 (MP)
360 (SP), 240 (MP)
2.45 loaded, 3 unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
|Recoil center speed||
The Enfield is available for purchase at Level 5. It has moderate damage, a moderate rate of fire, and moderate recoil. Unlike all other assault rifles in the game, the Enfield enters ADS in a fifth of a second (the same as most SMGs), as opposed to a quarter of a second like most other assault rifles. It utilizes an ACOG Scope unique to British weapons, the SUSAT. The Infrared Scope does not affect the recoil at all, so it can be used for a higher zoom without any loss except image definition.
Because of its quicker ADS time and very early unlock, the Enfield makes an excellent choice for players who have not yet unlocked the Pro version of Sleight of Hand and those who have just prestiged. It is also a good choice for players wanting to use a Tier 2 perk other than Sleight of Hand Pro, while still retaining good ADS speed. The ACOG Scope, or SUSAT, attachment will raise the recoil and ADS time, but does also grant the user a view on targets in medium range, as well as increased zoom, which can be more important in longer range engagements and eliminating snipers. Extended Mags is also a good option for an attachment, as the increase in rounds can be useful when engaging multiple targets.
It should be noted that although the Enfield kills in the same number of body shots as all other automatic assault rifles at close range and long range, it cannot kill in 2 headshots, and becomes a 4 hit-killer faster than the 40-30 damage automatic AR's, as the damage drop from range is gradual rather than sudden.
- Extended Mags
- Dual Mag
- ACOG Scope
- Red Dot Sight
- Reflex Sight
- Infrared Scope
- Grenade Launcher
- The Enfield, the L96A1 and the L86 LSW are the only weapons in the Call of Duty series that can fitted with the SUSAT scope.
- If the player looks closely at the part of the iron sight closest to the player, the text "MP folding sight" and "3arc firearms" is visible.
- The Enfield is one of the few weapons that is reloaded entirely with the player's right hand, others being the Dragunov, L86 LSW and the M1A1 Carbine, as well as most WWII era Bolt-Action rifles.
- The Enfield and the L86 LSW have near identical reload animations, though the Enfield's is much faster.
- The right side of the Enfield is also nearly identical to the L86 LSW, just without the bipod.
- The SUSAT crosshairs on the Enfield are misaligned; shots actually land to the upper right of the tip.