The SAS team being inserted by helicopter.
|Appears in||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
|Found in||Crew Expendable|
- "In other news, the search for a cargo ship lost in the Bering Strait due to a major storm has been called off..."
- — News Caster after the mission "Game Over"
An unnamed Estonian Freighter appears in the mission "Crew Expendable" in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare where it is infiltrated by the Special Air Service to obtain a package and is later sunk, most likely by missiles launched from Ultranationalist MiG-29 fighter jets. A modified version of the ship appears in the multiplayer map, Wet Work ,and the ship model is later reused in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Special Ops mission "Suspension".
Role in Crew ExpendableEdit
On Day 1, 2011, just before the events of the Second Russian Civil War, an SAS squad led by Captain John Price land on the ship from a helicopter and begin working their way to find an entrance to the cargo holds, killing the crew and security detail in the process. After fighting their way through the decks and cargo holds to their objective, a crate which seems to contain radioactive material and a manifest. The ship is hit by a missile and starts to sink. John "Soap" MacTavish picks up the manifest and the four man squad make their way towards the extraction helicopter. As soon as the last man gets onto the helicopter the vessel disappears beneath the waves, along with the radioactive material.
- Some unused audio mentions that the missing ship had luxury automobiles in it. Some minivans are seen strapped onto the deck and in the cargo hold but nothing that could be described as luxury.
- It is never explained why the freighter is Estonian and not Russian, since all of the guards and equipment on board are Russian.
- In remastered the ship is named "Väljakutse" which means "Challenge". The name is seen when flying to the deploy area.