|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Cordis Die |
Multiplayer (as Lightning Strike)
|Used by||Anderson |
David Mason, United States Air Force, SDC (Carrier)
Many FA38s were stationed aboard the USS Barack Obama. Several fighters took off from the carrier in "Odysseus" to repel Cordis Die and Merc forces and then to combat hacked drones that were attacking the Obama. Many were destroyed by the attacks. During the battle, Raul Menendez escaped the carrier in a stolen FA38. During the Battle of Los Angeles, over 200 FA38 Fighters were scrambled to help repel the drone attack launched by Cordis Die. Around half of the fighters were shot down by hacked drones. It is likely that FA38s were deployed to intercept hacked drones moving to attack New York, Washington, and China. FA38s then assisted J-SOC in raiding Cordis Die's hideout in Haiti at the beginning and end of "Judgement Day".
The flying sequence consists of three parts:
- FA38 is used in vertical flight mode when the player must protect the Convoy in Cordis Die.
- FA38 is then used in conventional flight mode to engage drones with Skybuster missiles.
- FA38 can operate from aircraft carriers with the Navy.
- The vehicle is named F-35 in the game files.
- Only the direction can be controlled, not the height (in VTOL mode).
- On Anderson's FA38, it stands "Capt. Anderson" on the side.
- The pilots of FA38 have models of United States Secret Service agents with helmets.
- The FA38 has two different skins in the Lightning Strike scorestreak: a tan-and-brown skin for friendly FA38s, and a grey-and-black pattern for enemy ones.
- There are three additional textures: the gray U.S. Air Force model in campaign, a black model with U.S. roundels, and the white-black-and-gray SDC model on Carrier, all with appropriate markings for their respective organizations.
- If one watches in Theatre Mode when someone pulls out the tablet to call in the airstrike, The pop-up of the map is not there, leaving the screen of the tablet.