|Appears in||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Found in||Cordis Die |
Multiplayer (as Lightning Strike)
|Used by||Anderson |
|Weapons||Machine Guns, Rockets and Bombs (Multiplayer)|
Many FA38s were stationed aboard the USS Barack Obama. Several fighters took off from the carrier to in Odysseus to repel Cordis Die and Merc forces and then to combat hacked drones that were attacking the Obama. Many were destroyed by the attacks. During the battle, Raul Menendez escaped the carrier in a stolen FA38. During the Battle of Los Angeles, over 200 FA38 Fighters were scrambled to help repel the drone attack launched by Cordis Die. Around half of the fighters were shot down by hacked drones. It is likely that FA38s were deployed to intercept hacked drones moving to attack New York, Washington, and China. FA38s then assisted JSOC in raiding Cordis Die's hideout in Haiti at the end of Judgement Day.
The flying sequence consists of three parts:
- FA38 is used in vertical flight mode and player must protect the Convoy.
- FA38 is then used in conventional flight mode to engage drones with Skybuster missiles.
- FA38 can operate from aircraft carriers with the Navy.
- Like in Payback from Black Ops, only the direction can be controlled, not the height (in VTOL mode).
- On Anderson's FA38, it stands "Capt. Anderson" on the side.
- The pilots of FA38 have models of United States Secret Service agents with helmets.