5 challenges in Achilles' Veil (SP)
1 + 3 (SP)
1 + 4 (SP)
- "Guided shoulder-mounted rocket launcher that can lock-on to enemy vehicles and turrets."
- — Description.
DeFalco or a militiaman will use the FHJ-18 AA to shoot down an American/Yemeni VTOL in the beginning of Achilles' Veil. Raul Menendez later uses the FHJ-18 AA to shoot down Harper's VTOL later in the level.
The FHJ-18 AA is available to unlock for an unlock token at level 4, it is also part of one of the preset classes. The FHJ-18 AA's sole purpose is to destroy enemy Scorestreaks, and it is done by aiming at them for a few seconds to lock on (the short beeps indicate it is locking, the long continuous beep means it has locked on), after which the weapon can be fired. The missile will automatically seek its target. Some Scorestreaks have flares which would require more than one missile to take it down. Enemy Scorestreaks are highlighted with blue circles when aiming. When the circle turns red, the FHJ-18 AA has locked on and can be fired.
It is better used in a class dedicated to shooting down enemy air support, such as in conjunction with the Blind Eye and Cold-Blooded perks. While Black Hat shares a very similar role, it can be used in case the player's missiles are not enough to bring every Scorestreak down in one life.
The camouflages are unlocked via doing the following acts, unique to FHJ-18 AA:
- DEVGRU - Destroy 5 aircraft.
- A-TACS AU - Destroy 10 aircraft.
- ERDL - Destroy 20 aircraft.
- Siberia - Destroy 30 aircraft.
- Choco - Destroy 40 aircraft.
- Blue Tiger - Destroy 50 aircraft.
- Bloodshot - Destroy 60 aircraft.
- Ghostex: Delta 6 - Destroy 75 aircraft.
- Kryptek: Typhon - Destroy 100 aircraft.
- Carbon Fiber - Destroy 10 aircraft quickly as they enter the airspace.
- Cherry Blossom - Destroy 5 aircraft in a single game.
- Art of War - Destroy 2 aircraft back to back.
- Ronin - Destroy 10 player-controlled Scorestreaks.
- Skulls - Destroy 1 A.G.R..
- Gold - Complete all camouflage unlocks for this weapon.
- Diamond - Unlock gold camo on every launcher.
- Elite - Become an elite member.
- Before the 1.03 patch, the camouflage challenges required kills to obtain. As it is in practice, nearly impossible to achieve kills with the FHJ-18 AA, it was later changed to aircraft destroyed.
- The sight of the FHJ-18 AA will highlight the target it is locking on to. This is useful to spot enemy aircraft by scanning the air.
- Although the sight will be blank, the FHJ-18 AA will work when the player is affected by an EMP.
- The pick-up icon for the FHJ-18 AA in the single player campaign is the Strela-3 from Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- There is Chinese writing on the launcher's rocket tube.