33 rounds (SP)
Level 2 (Multiplayer)
|Cost (Survival Mode)||
33+198 (SP), 36+288 (MP)
2.73s loaded, 3.3s unloaded
|Rate of Fire||
1200 RPM (SP), 1052 RPM (MP)
The FMG9 appears in the mission "Turbulence".
The FMG9 is unlocked straightaway in one of the default classes. It has a high rate of fire, high damage up close and a large magazine. However, the FMG9 also has very high recoil, short effective range, and moderate sway, limiting its effectiveness outside close range. It has also one other minor flaw; similar to the PP2000 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, its initial switch time is quite slow, as the player must unfold the weapon before it can be used. Switching to the FMG9 upon spawning is highly recommended to avoid this. Sleight of Hand Pro can also mitigate this.
The FMG9 is a popular choice with Akimbo due to its high damage and rate of fire, and high recoil. Steady Aim makes Akimbo even more effective. The iron sights are not very helpful, as the gun's considerable recoil throw off the sights considerably, so it is best to avoid mid to long range combat. Extended Mags can also be useful if one wants more firepower without giving up the ability to aim down the sights.
After a patch, the FMG9's hip fire spread was expanded and its recoil was increased after Infinity Ward received several complaints from players calling the weapon "overpowered", especially with Akimbo. Like the other machine pistols in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the FMG9 has a slower rate of fire when used with Akimbo. The patch prior to this one actually increased the rate of fire, which was an unintentional mistake.
- Silencer - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Akimbo - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Red Dot Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 7.
- Holographic Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Extended Mags - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
The FMG9 is available in Survival Mode at level 37 and costs $1500.
- The gun's serial number is "025960", the same serial number as the F2000.
- Strangely, the rear sight is never used.
- The word "FMG" is legible on the side when it is unfolded.
- The FMG9 was seen with Red Camouflage in a trailer, but camouflages are not applicable to secondary weapons in the final game.
- In third-person, the FMG9 is always unfolded, but it still needs to be unfolded when a player first switches to it or picks it up.
- The FMG9 is the weapon featured in the picture for Akimbo.