|Previous level||Strikeforce Tutorial|
|Game||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Team||JSOC Strike Force|
|Place||Himachal Pradesh, Northern India|
|Date||May 21, 2025|
|Objective||Main Objective: DEFEND THE FACILITY FROM SDC ATTACK|
• Protect the power transformer
- "DEFEND Forward Operating Base "Spectre", and prevent SDC troops from detonating an Electromagnetic Pulse bomb inside the facility."
- — Mission description
"FOB Spectre" (Forward Operating Base) is the first Strike Force mission in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II campaign. This mission is made available after completing "Old Wounds", and it is mandatory for the player to complete this mission before proceeding on with the single-player campaign.
The mission starts with Tommy Briggs and David "Section" Mason introducing to the Strike Force team that the SDC is pressuring Russia into combining their military, making them a superpower that the rest of the global powers will have no choice but to engage in war with, causing the cataclysmic chaos that Menendez wants.
Mason then goes on to brief the team on their mission: FOB Spectre, a defense facility guarding the northern border of India, has been attacked by SDC forces. Although their forces were able to hold off the attack, most of them were decimated, leaving the facility severely weakened and vulnerable. The JSOC Strike Force team is to be inserted to defend the facility and prevent the SDC from invading India.
The player must utilize a CLAW unit, several Sentry Turrets and several JSOC units to defend three priority positions: A - the Communations Satelite, B - the power transformer, and C - the cooling tower, all of which power the base shield doors that prevent the enemy from gaining access to the interior of the facility. The player must hold off the enemy SDC reinforcements for 10 minutes in order to complete the mission.
At any point in time, if two of three of the priority positions are taken out by the enemy, the shield doors will open and the enemies will gain access to the facility interior. The player is now tasked with defending Point D, the network server, from being hacked by enemy troops.
After 6-12 (depending on Difficulty) minutes, if the player manages to hold off the SDC forces from attacking the objectives, the primary objective is complete. The player must then eliminate the remaining SDC forces in order to finish the mission.
Video WalkthroughEditCall of Duty Black Ops II - FOB Spectre(20:02)
- Melee enemy personnel (x10)
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x20) using sentry turret
- Eliminate enemy personnel as CLAW (x10)
- Complete the mission with enemy never lowering defense field
- Eliminate enemy ASD (x3) using only sentry turrets
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x20) with headshots
- Destroy enemy quad drones (x12)
- Prevent enemy from planting more than one hacking module
- Allow no more than one sentry turret to be destroyed
- Complete the mission in "tactical view" only
Defender (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Successfully defend FOB Spectre from incursion.
- Main article: FOB Spectre/Transcript
- This mission takes place on Himachal Pradesh, where the "Prologue" and "Persona Non Grata" from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 took place.
- Strangely enough, although this facility is stated to be in Northern India, the multiplayer map Drone, based on this exact same facility, states that it is in Myanmar.
- If a player chooses to rewind the story to any campaign mission before this level, it can be skipped like the other Strike Force missions. It will not work if the player starts a new story, however.
- Despite the fact that the enemies in this mission are the SDC, the enemies have the character models of the Mercs. In fact, some hostiles can be heard with Spanish voices.
- In the ending cutscene that shows the withdrawal of the SDC, player can hear Mission success, target is confirmed dead, and that line is not shown in subtitles. It is reused from mission Dispatch.
- During the briefing cutscene, the base's name is mistakenly spelled "FOB Specter"
- Enemy personel will usually carry the QBB LSW with varying attatchments.
- The Sentry Guns given to the player have a 360 degree firing arc which can be useful in case an enemy tries to surround it.
- Allied reinforcements will arrive in the map via HALO drop (Glider wings).
- According to the beginning of the mission, the superior officer at FOB Spectre is Commander King.
- The VTOLs and the Helicopters cannot be destroyed in any way.
- The KAP-40 used in the end is semi-automatic.
- It's possible to have three weapons in this mission: first you trade a weapon with an dead teammate or an enemy, then you change character and then change back, if you did it right, you will have three weapons.
- For victory, all enemies must be killed and the aircraft must all disappear, but in the victory scene, there are many enemies and aircraft and even Quads before they are hunted out.
- This is considered the longest Strike Force mission as instead of completing objectives before the mission time expires, the player must instead defend an area for 10 minutes, which is longer than the mission times for any other mission.
- The blue electric barriers that block some doorways in this mission bear striking resemblance, in both appearance and the sounds it emits when approached, to Emancipation Grills from Portal 2.