|Previous level||Strikeforce Tutorial|
|Game||Call of Duty: Black Ops II|
|Team||JSOC Strike Force|
|Place||Himachal Pradesh, Northern India|
|Date||May 21st, 2025|
|Objective||Main Objective: DEFEND THE FACILITY FROM SDC ATTACK|
• Protect the power transformer
|Enemies||SDC(seen as Mercs)|
- "DEFEND Forward Operating Base "Spectre", and prevent SDC troops from detonating an Electromagnetic Pulse bomb inside the facility."
- — Mission description
"FOB Spectre" (Forward Operating Base) is the first Strike Force mission in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II campaign. This mission is made available after completing "Old Wounds", and it is mandatory for the player to complete before proceeding on with the single-player campaign.
The mission starts with Admiral Tommy Briggs and David "Section" Mason introducing to the Strike Force team that the SDC is pressuring Russia into joining their military, making them a superpower that the rest of the global powers will have no choice but to engage in war with, causing the cataclysmic chaos that Menendez wants.
Mason then goes on to brief the team on their mission: FOB Spectre, a vital defense facility guarding India's northern border, has been attacked by SDC forces. Although their regiment were able to hold off the attack, most of them were decimated, leaving the facility severely weakened and vulnerable. The JSOC Strike Force team is to be inserted to defend the facility and prevent the SDC from invading India.
The player must utilize a CLAW unit, several Sentry Turrets and several SEAL teams to defend three priority positions: A - the communications satellite, B - the power transformer, and C - the cooling tower, all of which power the base shield doors that prevent the enemy from gaining access to the interior of the facility. The player must hold off the enemy reinforcements for 10 minutes in order to complete the mission.
At any point in time, if two of these priority positions are destroyed, the shield doors will open and the enemies will gain access to the central mainframe. The player is now tasked with defending Point D, the network server, from being hacked by SDC troops.
After 6-12 (depending on Difficulty) minutes, if the player managed to hold off the SDC forces from attacking the objectives, the primary objective is complete. So, the player must eliminate the remaining SDC forces in order to finish the mission.
Completing this mission will cause enemy forces to retreat and save India, causing the country to ally with JSOC in the fight against Menendez.
- Melee enemy personnel (x10)
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x20) using sentry turret
- Eliminate enemy personnel as CLAW (x10)
- Complete the mission with enemy never lowering defense field
- Eliminate enemy ASD (x3) using only sentry turrets
- Eliminate enemy personnel (x20) with headshots
- Destroy enemy quad drones (x12)
- Prevent enemy from planting more than one hacking module
- Allow no more than one sentry turret to be destroyed
- Complete the mission in "tactical view" only
SEALs' primary weaponsEdit
SEALs' secondary weaponsEdit
Found in levelEdit
- Defender (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Successfully defend FOB Spectre from incursion.
- Main article: FOB Spectre/Transcript
- This mission takes place on Himachal Pradesh, where the "Prologue" and "Persona Non Grata" missions from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 took place.
- This facility is stated to be in Northern India, the multiplayer map Drone, based on this exact same facility, states that it is in Myanmar.
- If a player chooses to rewind the story to any campaign mission before this level, it can be skipped like the other Strike Force missions. It will not work if the player starts a new story, however.
- Despite the fact that the enemies in this mission are the SDC, the enemies have the character models of the Mercs. In fact, some hostiles can be heard with Spanish voices.
- In the ending cutscene that shows the SDC's withdrawal, the player can hear Mission success, target is confirmed dead, and that line is not shown in subtitles. It is reused from the mission Dispatch.
- During the briefing cutscene, the base's name is mistakenly spelled "FOB Specter."
- Allied reinforcements will arrive in the map via HALO drop (Glider wings).
- According to the beginning of the mission, the superior officer at FOB Spectre is Commander King.
- The VTOLs and the UH-60 Blackhawks cannot be destroyed in any way.
- The KAP-40 used in the end is semi-automatic.
- For victory, all enemies must be killed and the aircraft must all completely retreated, but in the victory scene, there are many enemies and aircraft and even Quads before they are hunted out.
- Depending on the difficulty, this is the longest Strike Force mission as instead of completing objectives before the mission time expires, the player must instead defend an area for 10 to 12 minutes, which is longer than the mission times for any other mission.