|"We need him alive! Stand down. Stand down, Mason!"
This article contains multiple options that are determined by player choice.
|Nickname(s)||The Old Man|
|Appears in||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
- "Alright, let's top these bastards before they kill the old man."
- — Captain Price
The Farmer is an NPC civilian who appears in the level "Hunted" on Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare who can be killed by an Ultranationalist. He is the only civilian to play a part in a mission, except the people driving the SUVs in "Death From Above".
Man of the People (10 ) - Save the farmer in the campaign mission, "Hunted".
- The farmer, if not saved, will be killed by a soldier wielding a M9, even though the gunshot is that of a Desert Eagle.
- If the player kills the Ultranationalist just as he is about to kill the old man, sometimes the gun goes off and the farmer will still be alive.
- In the level "Game Over", the farmer will appear as the place-model for civilians driving away in their cars.
- If the player saves him, he will run back to his house with his two hands out, as if he were holding a rifle. This is because there is no weaponless running animation.
- If the player saves the farmer before Captain Price says so, the achievement, Man Of The People, will not be unlocked.
- If the player kills the farmer before the Ultranationalist, the message "Friendly fire will not be tolerated" will be shown and the player will fail the mission.
- Very rarely, if the player kills the Farmer using the M203 Grenade launcher, the player will not get the friendly fire penalty.
- If the player follows the Farmer inside the home, he will run through a door. This might be because the developers thought that people will be distracted by the Ultanationalists.